Author Topic: AI Lights Reborn Pro Edition trailer  (Read 3525 times)

Offline RayP

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: AI Lights Reborn Pro Edition trailer
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2019, 02:54:35 PM »
How about AIG do not allow Ai models that deviate from the SDK? Controversial perhaps but shouldn’t a certain standard be enforced before contributions are accepted.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Offline sharklet_a319

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2019, 05:15:45 PM »
We already do only take models that fullfill a certain standard.

Offline RayP

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2019, 06:31:29 PM »
We already do only take models that fullfill a certain standard.

Understood but might you think about excluding those that can't take advantage of this new lights program?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Offline jabloomf1230

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2019, 08:56:37 PM »
Is it fair to try to force AIG to become the arbiter between two payware developers?  I suggest that just as many members of the AIG community use FSPX models as those that use the AI lights add-on, so the best policy for AIG is to do nothing. It is possible for AIG FM users to select freeware models instead of the FSPX versions.

Offline Mr_LoL

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 09:34:05 PM »
Me personally I cannot go back to TFS, Freeware even with the better lighting. At the end of the day they are fs9 models and they look terrible in the SIM. Fsp lights are good enough for me.

Offline AtropiN

• Prop Captain
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 11:10:10 PM »
I `ll stay on FSP. Wait, see and use AILRP on my other models  :)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 11:11:51 PM by AtropiN »

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 11:11:54 PM »
Me personally I cannot go back to TFS, Freeware even with the better lighting. At the end of the day they are fs9 models and they look terrible in the SIM. Fsp lights are good enough for me.

Not a good idea to bash freeware developers that devote their time and effort to improve the models constantly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-6700k@4.7 Stable OC, Z170 DELUXE, GTX980Ti-6GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB EVO850 SSD, Wi7-64b
P3D V4

Offline RayP

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 07:51:18 AM »
Is it fair to try to force AIG to become the arbiter between two payware developers?  I suggest that just as many members of the AIG community use FSPX models as those that use the AI lights add-on, so the best policy for AIG is to do nothing. It is possible for AIG FM users to select freeware models instead of the FSPX versions.

I'm not aware of what models I'm using when I choose to install an airline. Is it possible to know what model is used before making that choice?

Are the FSPX models made by several contributors or just one? If one, can he/she be persuaded to stick to the SDK? What advantages, if any, do FSPX models have over the others?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2019, 10:55:22 AM »

Excuse me?

What sort of "forcing" are you talking about? On the 'Configure" page for each package you may choose between FSP, TFS and UTT models.

I7-6700k@4.7 Stable OC, Z170 DELUXE, GTX980Ti-6GB, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB EVO850 SSD, Wi7-64b
P3D V4

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 10:59:10 AM »

What advantages, if any, do FSPX models have over the others?

Better visuals (incl. PBR on the latest models) at the price of slightly higher FPS. And keep in mind that FSP is a payware product. AIG/OCI will ask you during the installation of your first package whether you have required files for FSPAI or not. If you don't have then, the OCI will proceed automatically with TFS/UTT/AIA models. If you have never been asked to choose between the AI package, than most likely you have TFS/UTT models.

P3D V4

Offline PretendPilot

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2019, 12:32:49 PM »

Better visuals (incl. PBR on the latest models) at the price of slightly higher FPS. And keep in mind that FSP is a payware product. AIG/OCI will ask you during the installation of your first package whether you have required files for FSPAI or not. If you don't have then, the OCI will proceed automatically with TFS/UTT/AIA models. If you have never been asked to choose between the AI package, than most likely you have TFS/UTT models.

Don't forget that the FSPX models also provide the most unrealistic lights that won't look like anything else in your sim. It boggles my mind how FSP strives for accuracy yet, in my opinion, ruins a perfectly good model with substandard lighting.  The new TFS updated models should not be overlooked simply due to their age.

Offline Christopher Low

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2019, 12:36:26 PM »
The suggestion that TFS models look terrible in the sim is ridiculous. They look perfectly fine to me. Maybe not quite as detailed as the FSPXAI models, but not even close to "terrible".

Offline jhaley101

• Command Captain
« Reply #57 on: October 23, 2019, 07:46:58 PM »
Agree, the models look completely fine. 

TFS every time.

JH

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #58 on: October 23, 2019, 11:47:02 PM »
I `ll stay on FSP. Wait, see and use AILRP on my other models  :)

I am staying with FSP also. I payed good money for the planes and don't want to throw my money away.

Offline Mr_LoL

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »

Don't forget that the FSPX models also provide the most unrealistic lights that won't look like anything else in your sim. It boggles my mind how FSP strives for accuracy yet, in my opinion, ruins a perfectly good model with substandard lighting.  The new TFS updated models should not be overlooked simply due to their age.

What exactly  is unrealistic about FSP lighting? On the old models, they strobes and Nav lights were way too big. Thats has now been fixed.

Also the price of this is kinda silly I'm sorry to say. $27 for some lights  :D ;D
« Last Edit: October 24, 2019, 12:49:17 PM by Mr_LoL »