Main Menu

Show airline country in online flightplan list.

Started by spfoster, November 28, 2019, 03:34:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spfoster

Hi,

Would it be possible to show a list (preferably sortable) in the "Online Flightplans" list that shows the country the airline is based in?

I know that this information can be sourced by clicking on "Install" and looking on the window that then opens, but seeing it in the "Online Flightplans" list would make installing airlines from a particular region much easier.

For example I fly entirely within Europe and whilst it's easy to install the major airlines you know about it's the smaller ones that take the time having to go through and check every single airline availabe to find the lesser known ones which are in my example based in Europe.

Many thanks,

Steve.

sharklet_a319

The problem this information is stored in the actual flightplan - so it's not available till the flightplan is downloaded and the configuration file is read.

Therefore it's almost impossible to implement at the moment - sorry.

jabloomf1230

I deleted my previous post, because I realized that even though there is a "free" text file online of all the airlines and their country of origin, the authors have asked for a donation to use it (airlines.dat):

https://openflights.org/data.html

There are a few other similar Excel files online, but it's unclear whether they can be incorporated into an app.

spfoster

Holy Cheese

I find the easiest thing to do is look at the flight plan announcement thread here in the forum - the country of the airline is always listed there.

Jack