Author Topic: NGXu steering and controller suggestions  (Read 301 times)

Offline bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
NGXu steering and controller suggestions
« on: January 17, 2020, 04:28:06 PM »
For those of you that have the PMDG 737NGXu; i currently use a very dated but still very enjoyable joystick with a throttle control under the stick its self. I have no pedals for rudder control either. I usually enable auto rudder in the P3D options.

I am interested to know what others are using when it comes to flying as i am looking for recommendations on hardware.

The 737NGXu as many will have found i expect had its nose steering system changed to previous builds of the 737NGX so steering isnt as 'plug and go' as it was and i am wondering what others maybe using as tiller control now?

As an owner of the Airbus A32X Pro, PMDG 777, 747 fleet these aircraft steer without issues on my joystick but i guess being able to fight crosswinds is something i need to look into as well.

Please fire away with ideas
Bradley | P3Dv4.5 | AIG Moderator & Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta

Offline AtropiN

• AIG Technic Tester
  • Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: NGXu steering and controller suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2020, 05:01:31 PM »
I used rotation on joystick to steer NGX. I calibrated it trough FSIUPC. After NGXu release i just did the same thing with NGXu. I dont feel any difference between NGX/NGXu (ok maybe a very little difference).  I am aware many people have troubles with NGXu steering, but i dont know why.

EDIT: I´am using joystick as tiller only, all other controls are mapped to yoke. Maybe you should get a yoke mate, Honeycomb is relatively cheap, good quality and its a big improvement for flying boeing aircraft.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 05:05:58 PM by AtropiN »

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2020, 06:24:47 PM »
Bradley!

It looks like the same thought stroke our minds today :-)

See my topic on PMDG

https://forum.pmdg.com/forum/main-forum/pmdg-737-ngxu-for-prepar3d-v4/43448-totally-confused-about-new-steering-options
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2

Offline bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 10:40:36 AM »
 ;D Its one of those things where initially i was thinking my joystick wasnt plugged in properly and then after looking about it on their forums saw that the tiller was now the primary way to steer but to many it seems quite alien given most if not all aircraft can be controlled with the joystick by default
Bradley | P3Dv4.5 | AIG Moderator & Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta