Author Topic: FSPAI is taking over medium bodies  (Read 967 times)

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
FSPAI is taking over medium bodies
« on: February 11, 2020, 01:40:00 PM »
According to first previews on his FB page, Missi is working on B73X/A32X mixes. Since there is almost zero chance for FAIB upgrades, I assume that FSPAI will be obvious choice if the PBR and all other new features will be implemented.
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Dominato83

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • The AI Biz Jet Project
Re: FSPAI is taking over medium bodies
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 02:04:23 PM »
According to first previews on his FB page, Missi is working on B73X/A32X mixes. Since there is almost zero chance for FAIB upgrades, I assume that FSPAI will be obvious choice if the PBR and all other new features will be implemented.
Painters choice at the end of the day. Missi's models will still be payware and the FAIB models are still good, so some will not be willing to paint on a payware model, especially if the only thing missing is PBR.
Student Pilot at Purdue University - currently preparing to fly the Embraer Phenom 100.

Commercial Pilot Airplane Single-Engine/Multi-Engine Land, Instrument Rated

https://aibizjetproject.wordpress.com/

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
Painters choice at the end of the day. Missi's models will still be payware and the FAIB models are still good, so some will not be willing to paint on a payware model, especially if the only thing missing is PBR.

I agree regarding painters choice. However, with all these new upgrades and improvements AIG team has performed on old AIA and TFS models, why FAIB was left behind? Something is wrong with Erez's permission?

P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52:39 PM »
I agree regarding painters choice. However, with all these new upgrades and improvements AIG team has performed on old AIA and TFS models, why FAIB was left behind? Something is wrong with Erez's permission?

afaik there is no premission

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 02:54:49 PM »
I have a feeling most of the usual painters will continue on the FAIB models. PBR or not.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline KampfHase

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
    • Jetphotos
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 03:12:19 PM »

Which is not needed for OCI installations..
My AFCAD reworks in this thread: click!
Airports by me: KCLT | KMIA | EDDM | KBOS | KMSP | KATL | RJBB | LTAI | LTFJ | LSZH | KEWR | RJTT | WSSS | KPDX | KTEB | KLAS | KLGA | KSFO | KDEN | SKBO | EIDW
Next projects: RCTP

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2020, 03:14:55 PM »

true ;D

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2020, 03:25:29 PM »

Then I hope there is a light in the end of tunnel :-)

P3D V4.5HF2

Offline russian

• Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2020, 05:33:32 PM »
As has been stated, FAIB is freeware and while it may be rather inexpensive I can't justify spending money just for having an AI model in the sim. While yes, newer models are being produced and put into service, there are still substitutes available in the general family that can be used to fit the role. I think most painters will follow along the same route except for those who have either previously purchased payware models or intend for payware to be their primary bulk of AI addons.

Offline jabloomf1230

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 05:55:55 PM »
It's nice to have a payware option and considering that MSFS 2020 is on the horizon, it makes sense to have someone like Missi who will update his models to the new sim, assuming that's possible.

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2020, 07:15:47 PM »
MFS2020 all over again...it's like a plague :-)

P3D V4.5HF2

Offline atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2020, 12:12:01 AM »
We are lucky to have any active AI modellers in the scene payware or freeware. Payware models are better than no models.
Given how complex and time consuming modelling (to a high standard) is nowadays and all the features that are expected to be included, its going to be very tough to find anyone willing to do that for free going forward.
I think its fair to say that with FS2020 the bar is only going to be set even higher.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2020, 12:47:08 AM »
Well if I knew people would be painting the planes I would most likely buy the medium body FSP planes. But if no one will be painting them it would seem like a waste of money to buy them.

Offline jetsetterace

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2020, 12:52:04 AM »
Well if I knew people would be painting the planes I would most likely buy the medium body FSP planes. But if no one will be painting them it would seem like a waste of money to buy them.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when they come out. No painters have made definitive statements on whether or not they'll paint on Missi's new models.

We are lucky to have any active AI modellers in the scene payware or freeware. Payware models are better than no models.

Right? After doing some model conversions for personal use, I've learned just how complex of an art it truly is. And that's just the tip of the iceberg. We're lucky that people built models for free to begin with!
Regards,
-Ace | P3Dv4

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Offline Ryan1549

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • FSAI-Repaints
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2020, 02:34:29 AM »
Anything Missi makes I'm open to paint on, doubt many others will though to be honest

American Airlines Family

My Photos
https://www.flickr.com/photos/165661080@N04
https://flightaware.com/user/ryan1549

AIG Beta | AIG Dispatch Painter | AIG Dispatch Flightplanner