Author Topic: IE 11 no longer working with Alpha India forums  (Read 224 times)

Offline Holy Cheese

• Turbine 2nd Officer
IE 11 no longer working with Alpha India forums
« on: February 20, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
Hi guys,

for the last couple of days I have been trying to connect to the forums using IE 11 as always. But now I get the following message:

Aktivieren Sie TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 und TLS 1.2 in den erweiterten Einstellungen, und versuchen Sie noch einmal, eine Verbindung mit https://www.alpha-india.net  herzustellen. Sollte der Fehler weiterhin auftreten, verwendet diese Website möglicherweise ein nicht unterstütztes Protokoll oder eine nicht unterstützte Verschlüsselungssammlung wie RC4 (Link zu den Details), die als unsicher angesehen werden. Wenden Sie sich an den Websiteadministrator.

Basically it says I need to activate TLS1.0, TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 in the properties, but these are already activated. It goes on to say that the website may be using a non-supported protocol.

Have there been any changes made to the site which could be causing this? Meantime I am having to use Chrome to read the forums - I do this at work where we still use Win 7 and it does not have Edge on it, but last year I luckily had to get our IT department to install Chrome for me so I am using that at the moment, but would prefer to go back to IE 11 if possible.

Thanks
Jack

Offline Holy Cheese

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: IE 11 no longer working with Alpha India forums
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 10:23:48 AM »
Yay - it's back to normal and working again  :yeah:

Thanks
Jack