Author Topic: Preparing for the new FS  (Read 746 times)

Offline tOEGS

• Prop Captain
Preparing for the new FS
« on: March 27, 2020, 01:11:18 AM »
With the announcement of live AI traffic in the new FS, I think AIG should capitalize on this and use its experience and expertise to offer the best option to the FS community with regards to AI models, repaints and even traffic files. Perhaps even Asobo could be interested in working with AIG.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Preparing for the new FS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 05:26:03 AM »
well that is up to them. But at the moment they only are in contact with paware developers

Offline vadriver

• Prop Captain
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2020, 10:29:14 AM »
they only are in contact with paware developers

of AI (plans,models etc.) .. that's a comprehensive / competent resource to start the long haul with  :groan:
cheers
john

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 10:53:58 AM »
afaik they are not in contact with any of repainters/designers that are involved around AIG

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 01:03:31 PM »
This AI introduction was related to MP aspect only. There was no word regarding AI + single player scenario. I hope MS would provide more details in the next "IFR" episode.
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 06:15:00 PM »
There is live AI traffic in single player as well.
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 07:08:04 PM »
But the question.. Is it always online? Then it will be a mess the moment they release the game. Imagine this. You have to be online to just take a flight. Not ideal at all. I like the idea, but I have seen many times where games released or updated suddenly crashes the servers just because they are not prepared for that. So I really hope an offline option (or similar)  will be available. Simply because what if the user don't want the live AI?
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline hawaiianair25

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 07:32:24 PM »
so assuming that there will be an offline option, does that mean AIG will be completely abolished in regards to ai traffic for MSFS 2020? wonder if the ai flightplans code would be the same, not only that but the ai aircraft would have to be completely overhauled especially if they implement the engine exhaust immersion like Xplane 11. gonna be interesting. im excited. MSFS 2020 looks beautiful.

Offline catchman86

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 01:47:35 PM »
Asobo previewed an amazing opportunity for AI enthusiasts.  If you break P3D/FSX/FS9 down into it's key AI modding points, you have: (a) traffic files; (b) aircraft models; (c) aircraft repaints; (d) airport files (ADE/AFX/etc.); and (e) ATC callsigns and mods.  Assuming FS20 is capable of pulling in real-world traffic, resources could be reallocated away from trying to create airline timetables--that I have to believe is a huge endeavor that AIG undertakes biannually.  I predict there will be a way to intercept the real aircraft data and assign it a third party aircraft model and repaint.  If that sounds familiar, it's because I am describing how online networks like VATSIM and IVAO operate.  So the opportunity for simmers is reducing the resources previously spent on compiling flight data and instead flying more and publishing more models, repaints, airport and ATC mods. 

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 01:52:16 PM »
Asobo previewed an amazing opportunity for AI enthusiasts.  If you break P3D/FSX/FS9 down into it's key AI modding points, you have: (a) traffic files; (b) aircraft models; (c) aircraft repaints; (d) airport files (ADE/AFX/etc.); and (e) ATC callsigns and mods.  Assuming FS20 is capable of pulling in real-world traffic, resources could be reallocated away from trying to create airline timetables--that I have to believe is a huge endeavor that AIG undertakes biannually.  I predict there will be a way to intercept the real aircraft data and assign it a third party aircraft model and repaint.  If that sounds familiar, it's because I am describing how online networks like VATSIM and IVAO operate.  So the opportunity for simmers is reducing the resources previously spent on compiling flight data and instead flying more and publishing more models, repaints, airport and ATC mods. 

it is wait and see for now, and offline traffic is still an option ;)

Offline regulate

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • Weather Underground
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 05:20:53 PM »
The new preview video mentioned they will only allow up to 50 AI aircraft in the "window" at a time.  That does not bode well for busy airports around the world.  Disappointing. 
Brian Summers (KONT/ONT)
AIG Flightplans Beta Tester
Prepar3D 4.5

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
Hopefully it would be overridden. The default AI file that has come with fsx or P3d has very low traffic density comparing with the level of real life traffic we have now in our sims
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2

Offline hawaiianair25

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 07:21:34 PM »
50 Ai aircraft within 200km and this is all talking about Multiplayer ..Next
Month is IFR video and hopefully they will be talking about Ai aircraft inside of IFR flights like Ai aircraft option to have scheduled plans , IF YOU CHOOSE not to select Multiplayer option within sim .

Offline tOEGS

• Prop Captain
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2020, 02:44:11 PM »
The new preview video mentioned they will only allow up to 50 AI aircraft in the "window" at a time.  That does not bode well for busy airports around the world.  Disappointing.

50 aircraft flown by other users, not AI.