Author Topic: Xplane 11 Yay or Nay  (Read 501 times)

Offline hawaiianair25

• Turbine 1st Officer
Xplane 11 Yay or Nay
« on: April 17, 2020, 01:12:45 AM »
Does anyone have Xplane 11? was wondering some peoples thoughts. Im so tired of P3d v4 bland scenery and outdated material. I am impatiently waiting for MSFS 2020 but was thinking about taking the $60 plunge on Xplane 11 and start downloading there Ortho Sceneries. Plus they have a lot of quality Airport scenery free from Mister X and others. I like the Zibo 737-700/800/900 its free, I also like the night life Lighting plus the wing flex in air and especially the engine heat exhaust immersion that's stock and also the failures built in automatically on aircraft .

Does anyone have it , is it worth the purchase. Really tired of P3d v4 in all its aspects . I will still use it here and there but I also miss the 767 really bad. the 757 too, Captain sim and QW 757 IMHO is not quality when it comes to FPS, VC textures , FMC/navdata and air physics.

just wanted to hear some opinions on Xplane 11. Oh btw, I do have 2 SSD Samsung HD each 2 TB, so I have the capacity for Orthos. I really miss FSpassengers as im using FScaptain but its really boring.

thank you

Offline Frontier

• Command Captain
  • Retired independent flightplanner
Re: Xplane 11 Yay or Nay
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2020, 01:39:29 AM »
And you’re asking this on an AI forum?  ::confused::
'Every year donkeys and mules kill more people than plane crashes'

"What's next?" Check my Dispatch Status List!

Visit The Flying Carpet Hub for more flightplans and repaints

Offline hawaiianair25

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2020, 01:43:33 AM »
well my 2nd question was going to be to whomever answered "Yes, I am using it", was going to be , do you use ai aircraft? what are your performances like with the OpenGl and the new Vulkan 11.50.

Ai has a lot to do with my sim now .

Offline jetsetterace

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2020, 02:16:54 AM »
I took the plunge on XP11 last year and I absolutely love it! Like you, I've grown tired of P3Dv4 and the ESP-based sims as a whole. I'm on an above average AMD/Radeon system at the moment and I manage to get a steady 30ish FPS in XP11 flying the Zibo and using high quality addon airports. Don't use Ortho in my sim due to storage capacity constraints, but I hope to use it once I complete my planned build (like everything else in the world, it's on hold).

Haven't taken the plunge on AI yet. Options out there for XP11 aren't on par with what one can accomplish with AIG as far as I know. With that said, there are programs that will get the job done, such as World Traffic 3. Waiting to finish my new system, and perfect my own flying (I'm a relatively new to full systems flying) before I add AI to the mix.

There are excellent scenery options in both the freeware and payware realms. MisterX is probably the best freeware developer. He also develops payware under the name ShortFinal Design. I own KLAX and KSLC from him and both are excellent. Other good scenery developers that come to mind are Nimbus and X-Codr. Aerosoft has some sceneries for XP11, too. I own their KDFW and it's pretty nice though it's kind of hard on my system.

Haven't tried the 11.50 beta yet. Though from what I've read about it, my system will benefit greatly from it. I'm going to wait for addon developers to catch up before switching over myself.

Last but definitely not least, the Zibo! It and the 737 Ultimate Series that derives from it are hands down the finest aircraft I've used in flight simulation. It's truly a study-level tubeliner for the back-breaking price of $0!

Hope what I've said helps. PM me if you have any further questions, I'll try my best to answer!
Regards,
-Ace | P3Dv4

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Offline jabloomf1230

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2020, 07:01:05 PM »
I'd say if you fly mostly VFR, XP11 is a great option. Until recently, I was using it on and off with World Traffic 3 for AI traffic, Pilot2ATC for ATC and SkyMaxxPro 4 for atmospherics. Collectively, these options almost gets one to the realism level in P3d4.5. But, now that P3d5 is out (and MSFS is on the horizon), is it worth it to buy XP11 and stock up on XP11 add-ons to improve your experience? I'd say no.

Offline BrandonLH81

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • CRJ-700 APU Trainer and TDY (DEN,BDL,LEX,DTW,BUF)
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 08:39:05 PM »
I use it now and have deleted FSX its on a whole new playing field i use Traffic Global AI and everything is great my only gripes are there are no ERJ-145,140s or 135 , Military or GA. Wondering if i could use AIFP somehow to enter the missing stuff anyone know?

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2020, 08:52:09 PM »
From what I know, you can't use any FSX/P3D related material directly into XP. So you can't use AIFP or any other programs for FSX/P3D to do that. You have to use a program that is made for XP to do that.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline cee-jaay

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2020, 04:27:49 PM »
Yes, I am using it. Have been for just over a year.

I would recommend..

XP11
ActiveSky XP
Zibo Mod B737-800 (free)
Ortho4XP (free)
BetterPushback Plugin (free)
WorldJetways is a nice luxury if you're going to explore (it animates default jetways)

I have the Flightfactor 757 is a bit more detailed than the CS757 (well ahead of QW), although without the latest bells & whistles (i.e. no Pegasus FMC).

I also have the ToLiss A319, just just can't get into it.

Interestingly the NGX upgrade (sold for $90) made their products VC replicate the free Zibo Mod VC. Technically the NGX has more failure modes and a better HUD. I don't know if the NGXu has an MMR  option; P3D might not even support GBAS/SBAS approaches, all of which are simulated in XP11 and the Zibo Mod.

I've been pondering getting JustFlight Traffic Global, but haven't grabbed it yet.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:01:35 PM by cee-jaay »