Author Topic: Warning FSX3D Calvi Installer  (Read 1302 times)

Offline atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
Re: Warning FSX3D Calvi Installer
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2020, 09:47:05 PM »
For anyone worried they might be infected I have just discovered there is a free tool that can not only find infected exe files but clean them and avoid the need to re-install any affected programs.

Wish I had known about this days ago!

You can get it here:
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Jeefo-Removal-Tool.shtml

It comes from the respected Antivirus company Bitdefender.
I used it myself today and it cleaned up a number of exe's that were still infected (mostly uninstall exe's that I wasn't likely to use)

Highly recommend it if you are concerned. just let it scan your system (It may take some time) and it will find and clean any infected files.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline BruceN

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2020, 10:19:51 PM »
Thanks for the link. I didn't run the Calvi installer, but I'll run the tool anyway to see if I have anything from any other install.

Update: now that I am running the tool, it scans every file, not just the exe files. Be prepared for it to take a long time to run.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:16:32 PM by BruceN »

Offline gapeters

• Command Captain
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2020, 11:14:39 PM »
So the true infection comes from the update or the initial installer? Will run the tool either way but just clarifying..as I just had the FS9 installer (installed) and do not have the "update" file even available in the account.

Greg
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:18:09 PM by gapeters »

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2020, 05:25:54 PM »
So the true infection comes from the update or the initial installer? Will run the tool either way but just clarifying..as I just had the FS9 installer (installed) and do not have the "update" file even available in the account.

Bit of a late reply, Greg, but I ran Bitdefender (one of several AV programs I use on a home network) and the original comes up clean and the update with Jeefo. I was notified about the update and have it available in my account there, even though it's incompatible with the main version I have, which is for FS9, the sim in which I run AI and have most use for addon airports (if I can get back into the FS habit at all). I tend to be more interested in addon a/c than scenery for FSX. But hey, if it's free..
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language