Author Topic: WoT - World of Traffic  (Read 1954 times)

Offline Northrider

• Command Captain
WoT - World of Traffic
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:07:09 AM »
Some of you may have noticed that I'm always updating my Traffic with help from Martin's (tini20) site.
This guy seems to have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge traffic collection. I just saw some amazing shots from FS that (I guess) Martin took. Thanks for them Martin!

How can he keep this huge traffic collection alive? I mean for example: For some days ago, I managed to update my Cathay Pacific Cargo FPs. It was SO hard to get all the paints in the right AC#,200,"" section.
It was so many paints in one package that Hideki Ohbayashi (Vayashi) did. How can Martin manage to get right reg on right section?
It must be really hard work to do. And maybe takes a LOOONG time to make all things work?

A really hard work! Thanks for keeping your AI world alive for the site, Martin!  :yeah:  readytogo

Offline DanielFall

• Command Captain
Re: WoT - World of Traffic
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 02:26:28 PM »
I'm sure Martin is the only one around here with such an AI setup.. ::rolleyes:
Daniel Fall

PalmPilot

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 02:41:36 PM »
I still got a lot of Wi04-05 flightplans in my AI setup. Need I say more?

Offline dennypayne

• Prop Captain
    • Dennypayne.com
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 03:37:48 PM »
My JAL and ANA setups are probably that old.  I haven't worked up the motivation to redo those just yet.  ;D

Denny

Offline flying finn

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 06:48:54 PM »

How can he keep this huge traffic collection alive? I mean for example: For some days ago, I managed to update my Cathay Pacific Cargo FPs. It was SO hard to get all the paints in the right AC#,200,"" section.

It's easy. Theres no life like nolife.  ::evilgrin::
â??Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of geniusâ??and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. â?
-E. F. Schumacher 1973

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 06:53:45 PM »
But WOAI is a good way to get them all (including subsiduries) up to date. I know some people don't like installers, but the WOAI one doesn't do anything stupid (it was coded by the same Peter van der Veen who did ACA2005/7)

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2008, 07:15:51 PM »
I have been gathering lately that there are quite a few people here who will not use WOAI come hell or high water..

Given that, as Felix says, the installer is very well programmed by Peter and the packages are very easy to update with more up to date plans if you do not see a WOAI update come through. I wonder why on earth not ?   ::confused::

I find that using WOAI allows me the time to set up the textures  and flightplans for some of the more obscure airlines that I would never get in my sim otherwise.   ::party::

The only frustration is when WOAI pop up and release something I installed just a couple of days earlier - as they did recently with Billy's AN-12 packages..
Best regards

Matthew

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2008, 07:31:11 PM »
I find that using WOAI allows me the time to set up the textures  and flightplans for some of the more obscure airlines that I would never get in my sim otherwise.   ::party::

Yup! They're getting quite good at the obscure airlines too, especially when helped along by Billy and his Antonovs!

Offline Northrider

• Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 08:00:48 PM »
Billy splits all his repaints awesome! So easy to install
(e.g, He had done the complete FlyBe fleet with Dash 8-Q400, He took pictures of every DIFFERENT one.
One for the default paint that he recomended for just one installed aircraft, and another pic of some different paint (e.g the Eco livery))
That's good Billy!  :)

Offline md11forever

• AI Pirate. Yaaarr!
  • Command Captain
  • I've moved on to FSX
    • My Photos on Flickr!
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2008, 08:57:46 PM »
Billy splits all his repaints awesome! So easy to install
(e.g, He had done the complete FlyBe fleet with Dash 8-Q400, He took pictures of every DIFFERENT one.
One for the default paint that he recomended for just one installed aircraft, and another pic of some different paint (e.g the Eco livery))
That's good Billy!  :)

Sounds like someone else I know.
George Widener

Now Rockin' FSX via Alienware

Offline dennypayne

• Prop Captain
    • Dennypayne.com
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2008, 10:05:33 PM »
I have been gathering lately that there are quite a few people here who will not use WOAI come hell or high water..

Given that, as Felix says, the installer is very well programmed by Peter and the packages are very easy to update with more up to date plans if you do not see a WOAI update come through. I wonder why on earth not ?   ::confused::

I used them for a while, but with as much AI installed as I have, I have many many aircraft folders, and the WOAI ones were duplicating a lot of my other folders (AIA, etc).  Since the start time of FS is directly linked to how many models you have installed, the more duplicates the longer FS takes to boot up.  So I prefer to install everything myself so that I don't end up with duplicate models installed.

I suppose I could consolidate the other way, and put all my non-WOAI planes into the WOA aircraft folders, will the WOA installer still respect all those fltsim entries if they weren't added by another WOAI package?

Denny

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2008, 10:29:48 PM »
Hi Denny

I suppose I could consolidate the other way, and put all my non-WOAI planes into the WOA aircraft folders, will the WOA installer still respect all those fltsim entries if they weren't added by another WOAI package?

I have been assured that they will respect those and will simply add in at the next number.  I asked a while back but have sinced got distracted and have not yet got around to consolidating.  If I think about it, I guess that has to work because not everybody downloads every WOAI package - consequently, when a new one is installed that includes e.g. a DJC A320, not everybody who installs it is going to be at the same flightsim number....so it has to pick up the next number, whatever it may be..   ::happy::
Best regards

Matthew

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2008, 10:35:53 PM »
It works fine (the installer looks at the [fltsim.x] numbers), but it can cause issues if you accidentally press the 'remove all airlines' button thinking you were only going to remove one airline, and end up loosing loads like this idiot did... :P

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2008, 10:40:47 PM »
I did that once, some time back, also..   :-[  Now, with FSX I have a safeguard against it - I run every WOAI traffic file through Peter's converter.  The "FSX" that sticks on the end of the file means that the installer no longer works with the file - e.g. I can't check which airports the airline flies to once I have done it etc. but, crucially, the installer will not remove anything no matter how hard I try..
Best regards

Matthew

Offline dennypayne

• Prop Captain
    • Dennypayne.com
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2008, 10:59:48 PM »
Cool, thanks guys, I might have to revisit that then.   Anything to help get more AI stuffed into FS  :D

Denny