Author Topic: Update AI Manager  (Read 399 times)

Offline dreamer_toons

• Prop 1st Officer
Update AI Manager
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »
New user and need some guidance on the following.

1) What is the appropriate way to update the AI Manager without redownloading the AI aircrafts again?

2) I notice that some AI aircrafts would just stop in the taxiways. There aren't any obstructions in their paths and happen randomly.

3) There is a trafficAircraft that doesn't belongs to any developer. It seems that it is the P3D's default traffic. Can it be remove without affecting the rest of the AI traffic?

Appreciate your advices.

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 02:45:44 AM by dreamer_toons »

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
Re: Update AI Manager
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 07:04:46 AM »

1:) AI Manager will update itself without you having to redownload anything. When it needs to update, it will tell you when you launch it.

2:) That's just part of the AI engine of the sim, it's been like that since FS9 and every version of the sim since.

3:) That is indeed the default P3d traffic file, either just delete it or rename it to trafficAircraft.bgl.OFF located in your main Prepar3D v*\Scenery\World\scenery folder.

Enjoy!

Offline dreamer_toons

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 07:18:48 AM »

1:) AI Manager will update itself without you having to redownload anything. When it needs to update, it will tell you when you launch it.

2:) That's just part of the AI engine of the sim, it's been like that since FS9 and every version of the sim since.

3:) That is indeed the default P3d traffic file, either just delete it or rename it to trafficAircraft.bgl.OFF located in your main Prepar3D v*\Scenery\World\scenery folder.

Enjoy!

When I launched the 0.9.4.8 earlier, it downloaded a zipped 0.9.4.12 within the folder. Do I just unzip it and allows the old files to be updated?

I will simply delete the trafficAircraft from the manager itself then.

Thanks for the advice. 

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 07:28:26 AM »
 It should tell you that an update is available, then download it and tell you that it's going to shutdown AIM and install the update all by itself.

Offline dreamer_toons

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 09:07:22 AM »
Oh, so it will install itself over the previous version.

In my case, the downloaded version sits inside the folder without doing anything. Will try again and hopefully, it works. Thanks