Author Topic: Longest AIFP installation  (Read 246 times)

Offline AirplaneNiner

• Prop Captain
  • <insert text here>
Longest AIFP installation
« on: May 25, 2020, 05:33:51 PM »
So some of you probably use AIM's OCI function for P3D, or WoAI, and get instant flightplans at the click of a button. And some people use AIFP, or anything FSX and earlier (both me). This question goes out to the latter, who have to manually download repaints and assign them before compiling, which could take anything from five minutes to 200 years, depending on the plans:

What's the absolute longest time you spent manually installing a flightplan, in terms of having to download repaints and assign them all, and which airline was it?

For me, it's quite a toughie, but I can say either jetBlue, Lufthansa or Frontier, most likely Frontier, because while airlines use 500 liveries per plane for advertising purposes, the repainters and users have to paint and install 500 different liveries, which can take many, many hours. Yes, it's nice that you named every single plane <name> the <animal>, but seeing that list of planes go off screen while in fullscreen just scared the daylights out of me. And don't get me started on assigning those repaints :-[.

Anyway, would love to hear your guys' thoughts and answers so I can fear the plans I need to still download;D

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Longest AIFP installation
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 05:52:41 PM »
Well. If you use AIFP you can get for most paints get them downloaded automatically and actually also installed automatically. But you must have the models installed already. So i.e. Frontier with all the different paints can take as little as 10 minutes to complete or maybe even less.

And Norwegian is a breeze to install, because the paints can be downloaded and installed automatically.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 05:54:35 PM by johanfrc »
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline AF082

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: Longest AIFP installation
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 12:53:12 AM »
Back in the pre-OCI days I didn't find the likes of JetBlue or Frontier too bad as their titles all had distinctive names and all came in one package so it was pretty quick to assign them to the models. I found the ones that took the longest were the likes of China Eastern which have multiples of different aircraft with only slight differences, such as SSW / winglet with and without short nozzle, wifi, etc etc.