Main Menu

Kind suggestion, AI lights always ON issue

Started by Bogga, June 19, 2020, 04:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogga

I know this has been discussed before but...Is there any chance that it could be reconsidered?
When AI Manager asks me to update simobjects (very frequent recently), all my cfg files get overwritten, not only the ones that get to be updated but all of them. That means that all my AI's appear with their logo and cabin lights always ON (again), so I have to manually edit all my 211 cfg files manually (very tedious) to External2=0,0,0,2.0,0.5 again to have this lights ON 10 min prior of scheduled flight time and under 10.000 ft.
Please, can you guys add an option somewhere to leave this untouched or to set it as user wish?
thanks very much
love your work

sharklet_a319

Unfortunately it's not that easy. Along with the external fuel line the scripts need to be changed for all aircraft.

The majority of users wants to the logolights to be always on, that's why we went this way.
At some point we might implement an option, but it won't happen anytime soon - sorry.

Saturn_29

This is one reason I don't use AIM. (I just use it to get models that are not converted by AIG members yet)

sharklet_a319

Quote from: Saturn_29 on June 20, 2020, 03:58:22 AM
This is one reason I don't use AIM. (I just use it to get models that are not converted by AIG members yet)

No problem - everybody is free to do whatever he prefers

Bogga

Quote from: Saturn_29 on June 20, 2020, 03:58:22 AM
Thanks for the answer sharklet, hope it would come some day. In the meantime I will macro copy paste to my mouse buttons,  ::goofy::

BruceN

There are utilities available that will do a search and replace in a specific file across an entire folder and subfolders. I modify a custom alias= in the sound.cfg files in all of the soundai subfolders with a single search and replace.

You don't need a user option in AIM to maintain custom aircraft.cfg entries after an AIM simobject update. One of the available utilities will allow you to make the External2= substitution quite easily.

Bogga

Quote from: BruceN on June 20, 2020, 07:13:41 PM
There are utilities available that will do a search and replace in a specific file across an entire folder and subfolders. I modify a custom alias= in the sound.cfg files in all of the soundai subfolders with a single search and replace.

You don't need a user option in AIM to maintain custom aircraft.cfg entries after an AIM simobject update. One of the available utilities will allow you to make the External2= substitution quite easily.
Hi Bruce, didn't know that, would you mind guiding me where to look? thanks a lot

Bogga

Quote from: Bogga on June 20, 2020, 09:56:25 PM
Quote from: BruceN on June 20, 2020, 07:13:41 PM

Hi Bruce, didn't know that, would you mind guiding me where to look? thanks a lot
I found a free app called WildReplace, worked great!