Author Topic: Question about P3D V5 and VATSIM  (Read 99 times)

Offline eXpress48

• Prop 1st Officer
Question about P3D V5 and VATSIM
« on: July 01, 2020, 09:13:14 AM »
Hello

I currently plan to to a complete re-install of my Setup with Prepar3D V5. Is there anything I should know when installing Flightplans using AIM OCI with P3D V5? I read the post in the News Section that the program now is mostly P3D V5 compatible, but I still wanted to check if there are any issues regarding Flightplans/Airplanes.

The second question is regarding VATSIM. I currently only fly online and thus use VATSIM's vPilot to inject the Airplanes that I've downloaded using AIM OCI. Is there anything I have to tweak or turn off in AIM when flying online or can I just install the Flightplans normaly using OCI and set the Traffic Sliders in P3D to 0%?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 10:23:59 AM by eXpress48 »

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Question about P3D V5 and VATSIM
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 09:18:35 AM »
Flightplans will work just fine. Airports have been moved around, got new ICAO codes and similar, but it's something that is usually already included in AIM, so they are changed from the old to the new if needed.

Plane wise. Not many problems. It's mostly that the lights need to be changed a bit, as LM decided to screw those up from v4 to v5. But slowly data for the models are coming along and will be integrated into AIM over the next few months. So it's working just fine in v5, but with a few visual issues.

No idea about the Vatsim though.
Regards

Johan Clausen