Author Topic: Editing stock trafficAircraft.bgl assistance request  (Read 299 times)

Offline ferhardt

• Prop 1st Officer
Editing stock trafficAircraft.bgl assistance request
« on: August 06, 2020, 06:58:20 AM »
First, a big thank you for the site/group, using P3Dv5 hotfix 2 (Academic), have working AI aircraft in the sim. The OCI works wonderfully! Now the issue at hand is I want to remove all of P3D's commercial airlines, but leave the GA flights. I tried to do this myself, using the SDK. It mentions using the traffic toolbox, and having to build it using a sample/example located somewhere within the SDK. I can't find it, or figure it out. Can someone assist with how to get the traffic toolbox/editor working so I can rebuild the stock trafficAircraft.bgl file? Perhaps there is another, non-P3D, product that is better suited to editing?

Offline ferhardt

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: Editing stock trafficAircraft.bgl assistance request
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 08:03:40 AM »
Duh, self education is best. At any rate, found AIFP, seems to be the correct tool needed. Testing now. Working correctly! Removed all the "Orbit", "World Travel", and "Pacifica" flights. With real AI traffic, this just added to congestion and complicated the poor ATC management on airports I fly to. I hate flying for over an hour, only to get vectored onto an approach at the same time as 3 other aircraft, sometimes stacked on on top of another.  ::mad:: I would think someone could make good money writing an updated ATC module...

Offline ferhardt

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 08:14:04 AM »
Kinda looks like this screen grab. You would think this would give the ATC module fits!!!

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2020, 05:39:49 PM »
I can't find the download for default traffic remove tool.  I guess someone removed it. 

Anyway,

Easy to do is.

Open your Window Explorer find Traffic_worlds_030528.bgl  use TTools or AIFP or etc..  to open decompile the flight plans with 3 groups aircraft.txt, airports.txt and flightplans.txt.

Find those all B737-400, MD93, B747 and Dash8 etc.. 

Open Aircraft.txt

edit to change from AC#10,470,"Boeing 737400_Orbit, Soar etc.."  change to type this >>     //AC#10..  Do this type "//"  behind AC#  all of them that you don't want to see in your sim traffic.  Also, you have to do again flightplans.txt  same thing //AC#10,blah blah.. 

Then save it to complied Tools or AIFP etc.. 

Why did "//" in the aircraft.txt and flightplans.txt?  It's program read // will not include running this segment to block using AI planes The program will skip // to next traffic any of them. 

Then run FS2004 or FSX.  You will be very happy without all crazy default anymore!  Happy Flying..

Stuart

« Last Edit: August 06, 2020, 05:42:30 PM by Big777jet »

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2020, 06:15:08 PM »
Kinda looks like this screen grab. You would think this would give the ATC module fits!!!

this happens because there are predifined spawn points in the simulator for BGL based traffic. In case you have two ACs that fly the same route on the same altidue they are likely two fly like this. Nothing you can do when using BGL based traffic