Author Topic: AI aircraft not spawning at arrival airport  (Read 742 times)

Offline arjun.715

• Prop 1st Officer
AI aircraft not spawning at arrival airport
« on: August 06, 2020, 10:30:58 PM »
Hi there,
i just downloaded the AI Manger and Companion applications. With the traffic limiter on, i launched P3D and observed that there was a good amount of traffic at my departure airport.  However, as i started approaching my arrival airport i could only see some aircraft landing alongside me but no aircraft spawned at the airport itself. I had set the maximum distance for traffic to appear as 60nm and the maximum number of AI aircraft as 300. Im unsure as to what could go wrong and why no aircrafts spawned at the destination airport. I was wondering if loading the flightplan into the Companion app could help with this issue? any recommendations would be appreciated.
Arjun

Offline Jon

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
Re: AI aircraft not spawning at arrival airport
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2020, 10:46:06 PM »
My initial guess is there might be an issue with the arrival airport and the sizes of the parking since you said there were aircraft in the approach with you.  It's also possible you arrived during a low activity time at the airport.

Have you ever had an issue at that airport before?

What airport?

Is the scenery generic or downloaded from AVSIM etc or payware?
To Err is Human, to Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy.

A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton

Offline Ryan1549

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • FSAI-Repaints
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 11:51:59 PM »
I noticed this a long time ago when I did a flight into LAS.. I know its not a AFCAD issue either, 1. cause I'm using Oli's AFCAD for FT KLAS and 2. planes spawn in just fine if I load into KLAS directly  ::confused::

https://www.flickr.com/photos/165661080@N04
https://flightaware.com/user/ryan1549

AIG Beta | AIG Dispatch Painter | AIG Dispatch Flightplanner

Intel i7-9700k, 32GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660 Super

Offline arjun.715

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 09:01:38 AM »
My initial guess is there might be an issue with the arrival airport and the sizes of the parking since you said there were aircraft in the approach with you.  It's also possible you arrived during a low activity time at the airport.

Have you ever had an issue at that airport before?

What airport?

Is the scenery generic or downloaded from AVSIM etc or payware?

The airport is BDO Aviation Phuket (payware). It’s certainly not an issue with the parking sizes because when I launch the sim directly at Phuket a bunch of AI aircraft spawn next to me. I also doubt it had anything to do with the timing because I have almost all the airlines installed and it was quite a busy time of the day so I guess something else is going wrong,
Arjun

Offline arjun.715

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 09:02:56 AM »
I noticed this a long time ago when I did a flight into LAS.. I know its not a AFCAD issue either, 1. cause I'm using Oli's AFCAD for FT KLAS and 2. planes spawn in just fine if I load into KLAS directly  ::confused::

Are you still having this issue or did you get it resolved then?
Arjun

Online Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 10:15:29 AM »
have you run the sim without the AI Companion?

Offline koala

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 01:50:26 PM »
hello Arjun and welcome to the forum,

you should easily be able to detect if the aircrafts are deleted by ai companion traffic limiter (which is a possibility depending on the settings you have set)

maybe remove the 60mn settings, if aircrafts are already spawned at you destination when you are further away than 60 miles then yes some of them might be deleted.

with ai companion you can also check the limiter log screen, it will show what is deleted (and why) so you should be able to understand what's going on and if you should change some setting to achieve the result you want.

you can also set your destination airport in the settings (see pic below) so you are sure that no aircraft there will be deleted and your destination aiport will be filled, personally i almost always use that setting.

take care  ::cheers::

« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 01:54:18 PM by koala »

Offline arjun.715

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2020, 04:24:57 PM »
hello Arjun and welcome to the forum,

you should easily be able to detect if the aircrafts are deleted by ai companion traffic limiter (which is a possibility depending on the settings you have set)

maybe remove the 60mn settings, if aircrafts are already spawned at you destination when you are further away than 60 miles then yes some of them might be deleted.

with ai companion you can also check the limiter log screen, it will show what is deleted (and why) so you should be able to understand what's going on and if you should change some setting to achieve the result you want.

you can also set your destination airport in the settings (see pic below) so you are sure that no aircraft there will be deleted and your destination aiport will be filled, personally i almost always use that setting.

take care  ::cheers::

thank you! turning off the 60nm distance seems to have made it work. really appreciate your help and quick response time!
Arjun