Author Topic: If you bought MSFS 2020 Standard  (Read 3146 times)

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
Re: If you bought MSFS 2020 Standard
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2020, 01:34:52 AM »
Hello it has been still downloading past 4 hours around 19GB done.   Can I close the internet? Will Microsoft XBOX still running downloading or just leave it alone internet online until download finish?  I don't want to break it off my download.

Thanks,

Stuart

Offline Boeing777LTD

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2020, 02:52:45 AM »
 Just went on steam and there is an uproar

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2020, 09:46:50 AM »
I sat right where its been all day yesterday and its still at this  cytz billy bishop stuff now as I relaunched it...so I guess I will uninstalled all of it and start over. Pissing me off...lol.. The black number in the center of the screen say 34.44 and on far right says 86.0...what does that mean..oh well.. This is the standard addition.

I took Everything XBox and all and am reinstalling ..it seems to be downloading...i better not bee Billy Bob again.:)

UPDATE: It's installed...yippee....

Greets Everyone!!  ::cheers::

BobM.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 02:05:46 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline rke

• Command Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2020, 11:31:09 AM »
How so? Over the download/install situation or the sim in general?

I was thinking about grabbing it on Steam instead, seeing as you apparently get a launcher and install through that, as opposed to how it was done with FSX:SE where you had to do some folder diving just to get to the Sim folder in the first place.

As a comparison, my P3D folder is located at F:\P3Dv4, whereas FSX:SE (had I installed it at the moment) would be located at something like F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX.

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2020, 12:27:20 PM »
it is still downloading since Tuesday around started 330PM.  It's loaded at 58GB to go 91GB.  Somebody mentioned 2 hours  it does not make sense to me 12 hours passed. I have broadband internet.  Why would so slow?

Stuart

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2020, 12:30:48 PM »
How do I get the package requested MSFS2020 standard DVD?  I rather to have them for backups or install faster than downloading for 1 and 1/2 day! 

Thanks,

Stuart

Offline charlymorton

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
    • One Click Hangar
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2020, 12:40:06 PM »
it is still downloading since Tuesday around started 330PM.  It's loaded at 58GB to go 91GB.  Somebody mentioned 2 hours  it does not make sense to me 12 hours passed. I have broadband internet.  Why would so slow?

Stuart

Mainly depends on your broadband speed and their server load.
Morten B

Creator of the One Click Hangar (OCH) plugin for SketchUp and One Click Repaint (OCR).

Visit https://oneclickhangar.com for latest version of OCH and thousands of AI repaints.
Visit https://oneclickhangar.com/oneclickrepaint for OCR.

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2020, 01:16:08 PM »
How do I get the package requested MSFS2020 standard DVD?  I rather to have them for backups or install faster than downloading for 1 and 1/2 day! 

Thanks,

Stuart

You can get the standard and  Premium Deluxe versions from Simmarket

https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-hardware-microsoft-flight-simulator-standard.phtml
https://secure.simmarket.com/aerosoft-hardware-microsoft-flight-simulator-premium-deluxe.phtml

PS: The Premium Deluxe version is only being sold if you live in  Austria, Germany, Switzerland, France, Germany, The Island of Heligoland, Germany, The territory of B├╝singen.

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2020, 01:38:27 PM »
I already paid Microsoft store but could I ask them send package include?

Stuart

Offline Boeing777LTD

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2020, 02:18:46 PM »

I was thinking about grabbing it on Steam instead, seeing as you apparently get a launcher and install through that, as opposed to how it was done with FSX:SE where you had to do some folder diving just to get to the Sim folder in the first place.

As a comparison, my P3D folder is located at F:\P3Dv4, whereas FSX:SE (had I installed it at the moment) would be located at something like F:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FSX.

Yes over the download. The steam rating for it is controversial  at 6/10 compared to 9/10 of other places. From the top reviews they seem to be complaining abt the downloading issue and not the actual content of the game.

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2020, 02:45:24 PM »
Download at Steam is a bit strange. When you download you get a 500 MB - 1 GB Launcher. This launcher is actually the installer for the game. And when you open it, it will download from Microsoft's servers anyway.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline rke

• Command Captain
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2020, 03:06:51 PM »

Yes over the download. The steam rating for it is controversial  at 6/10 compared to 9/10 of other places. From the top reviews they seem to be complaining abt the downloading issue and not the actual content of the game.
Figured as much, it's a common trend any time there's a problem at launch, the user ratings takes a nosedive. I remember Diablo 3 getting review-bombed with 3.7 / 10, owing to the large number of players getting Error 37 and being unable to play due to the servers being hammered.

Download at Steam is a bit strange. When you download you get a 500 MB - 1 GB Launcher. This launcher is actually the installer for the game. And when you open it, it will download from Microsoft's servers anyway.
I think I'll just get it through the Windows Store then, as I can't imagine there being any advantage to having it through Steam.

Offline Tuskin38

• Prop 1st Officer

Offline atco

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Notepad Ninja
    • ATCO Repaints
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2020, 04:35:12 PM »
As much as I love the new sim the installation process needed much better thought. I was lucky that mine completed in about 2 hours and was flawless but there are so many reports of problems and issues. The install routine needed much better stress testing before it went live. Frankly MS deserve the flack they have been getting for the install, it has not been handled well at all.
That said its well worth persevering with because once its installed its breathtaking.
Vectors to nowhere, around nobody for no reason

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2020, 05:21:17 PM »
Yes,

MS XBox and MS Store are two different animals. There should a special place in hell for the latter.
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2