Author Topic: Air Gotland by SprintAir  (Read 490 times)

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
Air Gotland by SprintAir
« on: August 20, 2020, 11:28:11 PM »
I saw the JCAI released today SB-340 Air Gotland by SprintAir logo. I could not find the detail for Air Gotland. I google and Planespottners etc.  Nothing to find about Air Gotland.  Is SprintAir changed the new brand name Air Gotland or what is it?  I never heard of Air Gotland.  No source and link about this. I google 20 minutes no find luck.

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Air Gotland by SprintAir
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2020, 11:42:33 PM »
It's a small virtual Swedish airlines flying between Visby and Stockholm Bromma. Will make a plan tomorrow.

It is SprintAir that operates the flights on a wet lease, but with the difference that the cabin crew is their own and not SprintAir.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2020, 11:45:19 PM by johanfrc »
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline tigerpaws

• AIG Dispatch
  • Senior Captain
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 05:35:05 PM »
I saw the JCAI released today SB-340 Air Gotland by SprintAir logo. I could not find the detail for Air Gotland. I google and Planespottners etc.  Nothing to find about Air Gotland.  Is SprintAir changed the new brand name Air Gotland or what is it?  I never heard of Air Gotland.  No source and link about this. I google 20 minutes no find luck.

Stuart

Are you sure, if you type Air Gotland in Google it brings up their website and plenty of stories  ::rolleyes:

Sam

Offline jhz94

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Joakim's Flightsim Stuff
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »
I snapped a pic of their machine in Visby last Saturday, the day after their inauguration ceremony. I hope they will not last for long, the Swedish domestic network needs two big and stable players, not like now with Sprint, Amapola, Leap, SAS and NAX and BRA to return. Also, I am not a fan of that we get more social dumping here, I thought Xfly was way more than enough..

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 07:00:28 PM »
yes.. I typed Air Gotland wiki  no turn it out   Google is not picking it up at all.

https://imgur.com/xmAxiJt

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 07:01:43 PM »
Don't search for Wiki. Only "Air Gotland". Then you get some hits.

Wiki don't even have a page about them, that's how new they are.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 07:08:48 PM »
 :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

I don't understand why Google engine search is so weak!!!!!  ::fighting:: Stupid system!  It's not Air Gotland actually AirGotland.  I type AirGotland it picks up.  Air Gotland does not pick up.  How stupid Google does not know how to search for each letter!!!!!!  WOW!!!!  I found it is AirGotland not Air Gotland. JCAI  was put Air Gotland. It shouldn't be typed Air Gotland should have read AirGotland.   It's weird no space with two words. 

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 07:17:47 PM »
Try to search "Air Gotland" with the symbols in front. And then it's the same result.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline AF082

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2020, 05:04:29 AM »
I snapped a pic of their machine in Visby last Saturday, the day after their inauguration ceremony. I hope they will not last for long, the Swedish domestic network needs two big and stable players, not like now with Sprint, Amapola, Leap, SAS and NAX and BRA to return. Also, I am not a fan of that we get more social dumping here, I thought Xfly was way more than enough..

Is that a miss-print, or do you really hope they don't succeed. What is wrong with a bit of healthy competition? Generally duopolies are not good for the consumer, too much price fixing.

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2020, 09:16:45 AM »
Is that a miss-print, or do you really hope they don't succeed. What is wrong with a bit of healthy competition? Generally duopolies are not good for the consumer, too much price fixing.

The problem with large duopoly setups is that the margins wither away and the big two slug it out for profit and advantage in the center ground. The bigger a company gets in market share, the less they need the niche markets to sustain them, those areas where profit is minimal and which have to go over to being PSO routes. In the UK/Ireland you could think of Loganair and Air Arann Islands (now gone), performing social routes that BA etc simply wouldn't serve because the margins aren't high enough.

BA took over Loganair for a long time and when it became evident that Loganair's ops couldn't be squeezed for profit to the satisfaction of the London end of the airline, it became inevitable that Loganair would have to carry on alone and serve the local market as they know best.  They only spread their wings due to the demise of competitors like BMI and Flybe, they're still somewhat niche. You hear it all the time in the calculus of the bigger carriers, "we decided that the x operation was unprofitable and we are looking for a buyer, or a management buyout". Shareholders couldn't give 2c for any operation that affects their dividends.
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language