Author Topic: orbx London in FS2020  (Read 691 times)

Offline bradley27

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
  • ***MH370***
    • My FS Screenshots
orbx London in FS2020
« on: August 24, 2020, 06:19:47 PM »
Slightyly old news but this really made me laugh so i wanted to share, irish folk crack me up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIyZw39ZiX8

Im sure they will fix it but seriously who gave it the green light!?!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 06:39:21 PM by bradley27 »
Bradley | P3Dv4.5 | AIG Moderator & Afcad Editor | FAIB Beta

Offline Danny

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: orbx London in FS2020
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2020, 06:40:05 PM »
He is 100% correct. This release is a complete joke.

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2020, 09:49:29 AM »
I mentioned a few days ago, elsewhere, that the Orbx pack might elevate the City somewhat - but then I don't have the sim and just went from the images Orbx posted. It's comically bad away from the few enhancements they made. They'd have been far better off just making the missing landmark buildings, killing the autogen in those precise locations, and then adding/replacing default landmarks as and when they could do a better job.

As it is, it's a shameless cash-in. By raising the overall scenery quality in the sim, Asobo/MS have raised the bar for 3rd party developers. I'm amazed that someone at Orbx didn't do any A/B testing, and horrified if Orbx did do that and decided that "nobody will notice".

With London better detailed, it'll only be a matter of time before a detailed Battersea Heliport is a legit scenery option, and then pilots will be getting very close looks at the city!

Here's a bit that Orbx hasn't reached yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=558CPOOv2EM

although it's now "branded" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfM-d_5dRCw
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2020, 10:30:06 AM »
Dopost
« Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:51:41 PM by Per Ardua Ad Ars »
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language

Offline Wolkenschreck

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2020, 12:16:32 PM »
ORBX's launch of MFS products seems very rushed and aimed to make quick money. For instance:
-London Landmarks...no further words needed
-Leeds has default jetways
-Santa Barbara also has lost it custom jetways and is offered with the stubby default jetways
-Burbank has a very simplified groundpoly, which is lacking the material fidelity of the P3D version
-configurators to deselect static aircraft and other features are not included and not planned

Some of this points are probably nitpicking and not relevant for the average customer. But knowing how the airports looked in P3D I can not help to think that ORBX has lowered their past quality standards.  ::ashamed::
Christoph

Offline boxflyer89

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2020, 12:51:19 PM »
I read somewhere that the default jetways were used because the SDK isn't quite finished and they wanted to get the product out, and that it would be patched soon, so again sales over quality.

As for London, I seem to recall many people claiming that London will be lacking in detail before the sim was even released, and that never sat well with me.  How does everybody know it's going to look, or not look as the case may be, before the darn thing was even released? My friend fell into that too, "Oh well London won't be complete when FS2020 releases, so I need to get the Orbx pack."  ::rolleyes:

I'm glad people are calling Orbx out over this, as they rightfully should. I admit I've spent a lot of money over the years on Orbx products, but I also find them littered with issues, and they never seem to get fixed; even with multiple user reports of problems.
ATP/CFII/MEI
E-145, E170/175, A306