Author Topic: Check with ADE or AFCAD airports questions  (Read 279 times)

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
Check with ADE or AFCAD airports questions
« on: September 01, 2020, 02:33:27 PM »
I would like to know if in FS2004 has 34,000 airports it is hard to trace which airport has the only runway without link nodes.  I would like to check which airports are no link node detected. I want to create add taxiway(s) and apron ramp(s) etc.. Where can I get the tool engine to detect the result of the list of airports?

Thank you,

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
Re: Check with ADE or AFCAD airports questions
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2020, 02:46:59 PM »
FS9, FSX and P3D all have around around 25K airports, but that don't change the matter of the question. Sadly I don't think there is a tool that can do what you want. And we have to remember that many of them, are small grass airfields around the US which might not be the most needed ones for additional nodes, taxiways and so on.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 03:01:46 PM »
I understand but I don't need to create all 5K of them. LOL  I want to know there are quite a few airports without nodes which were flight schedules there and flight plans included.  I found a few times last week. Like 5-7 of them without node with flight plans. Not surprised it.  I would like to research tool that without node airports. Oh well, It is too much work to open afcad and type airport code open to see there is node or not.  It's pain in the neck!     Thanks for your answer.

Stuart

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2020, 03:09:14 PM »
It won't be a problem in the sim, if there is not a parking spot or not. As long as you are more then 40 nm from that airport, the AI plane will still show up when entering the 40 nm bubble around your plane.

Sure it's a nice thing to have parking spots there..
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Boeing777LTD

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2020, 05:12:24 PM »
It won't be a problem in the sim, if there is not a parking spot or not. As long as you are more then 40 nm from that airport, the AI plane will still show up when entering the 40 nm bubble around your plane.

Sure it's a nice thing to have parking spots there..
Is the ai bubble smaller than previous sims?

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2020, 06:20:40 PM »
No. It's around 40nm in both FS9, FSX and P3D. The AI engine is more or less the same in all 3, so it really doesn't matter. The biggest change regarding the AI engine is actually that in FSX and P3D you are able to have 8 week flightplans. You don't have that in FS9, where you are only allowed 1 week plans. Other then that there is no real difference between the AI engines and what they include.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline Boeing777LTD

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2020, 10:15:41 PM »
 Thanks for the explanation. Good to know the ai engine isn’t retrogressing.