Author Topic: AI Traffic in MSFS  (Read 7209 times)

Offline VAGVAG

• Turbine Captain
Re: AI Traffic in MSFS
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2020, 05:34:21 PM »
Several things:

1.     MSFS is extremely sensitive to any entries in the aircraft.cfg file that don't follow the normal protocols.  I had an entry in one file that looked like this:

atc_parking_codes = "VOE ; Comma separated and may be as small as one character each

Notice that after the parking code there is a " missing.  When this quotation mark was missing, MSFS would start to load about halfway after the Press Any Key prompt and then crash to desktop.  This is unlike FSX or P3D, both of which would have either ignored the error or possibly not loaded the aircraft.  But the program would still load.

2.     There is now software available that can convert some FSX .mdl files to MSFS format.  However, I continue to use the FSX .mdl files.  I have converted all the aircraft.cfg and .air files to the all .cfg format for each model and it seems to work ok.  Plus MSFS creates the CVT folder for each aircraft and texture, so it seems to make sense to just leave the .mdl in FSX format. 

3.     I recompiled some of my traffic files that were in P3Dv5 format into FSX format.  I still do not have any ai traffic from these files.  I don't know why. 

Well, check the pictures attached. They show the file structure in the community folder. Remember to modify layout.json and manifest.json. Also delete from  layout.json inside the default ai traffic folder the following:   
  {
      "path": "scenery/world/traffic/trafficAircraft.bgl",
      "size": 39765461,
      "date": 132460342790000000
    },
It is not necessary to delete the trafficAircraft.bgl file, just the above entry if you don't want to see default traffic.

My repaints here: https://flyingcarpet75.com/

Offline mottoth

• Senior Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2020, 06:32:13 PM »
Well, check the pictures attached. They show the file structure in the community folder. Remember to modify layout.json and manifest.json. Also delete from  layout.json inside the default ai traffic folder the following:   
Thanks for these.
Would you please show the file structure of your AI aircrafts ? This is the thing I can't figure for now.
Regards, Yohann.

Offline Danny

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2020, 04:12:41 PM »
Some news on AI on the latest MSFS Q&A.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-q-a-via-twitch/309101

AI talk starts at 37:17 and AIG is mentioned. Long story short - they will do all models and liveries for free as long as the can get it licensed.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2020, 04:30:28 PM »
well thats a start (I know my mail adress has been forwarded to them as well - so time to wait xD)

IMO: They should fix this CTD FSX Bug and they can have all the traffic in the Sim within the next months without getting the Sim without actual doing much work on theier own ;D

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2020, 08:19:49 PM »
All models and all liveries? You can wait from now to Christmas 2053 for that to happen. That's for sure. Nice that they want to, but they leave a lot of questions. What about the offline AI? They only talked about the online AI, not offline at all. And also what about the lack of flights in the online AI? It's far from every flight that is shown, due to the, sorry to say it, bad flight data provider they have chosen.

It's fine that they have ideas and want to do something about it, but that's not the same as they are going to..
Regards

Johan Clausen

Online gapeters

• Command Captain
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2020, 11:25:20 PM »
ALL models.. yeah they have no idea how nuts we are over here!!!

Greg

Offline Danny

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2020, 12:18:53 PM »
We should submit more detailed AI related questions for the next month Q&A.

Also Kaiii3 - is there a thread on the FS forums about the CTD you mention? I have not seen it - lets create it and start upvoting. If we don't get the AI community more vocal about what we want we will not get it simple.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2020, 12:29:55 PM »
it is reported in different topics, no clue if there is a seperate topic for it. It is already reported to ZenDesk by one of our Admins as well. Feel free to open a new topic for it in the forum ;9 I am currently bussy working on P3Dv5.1 fixes and actual do not even own MSFS myself yet ;D

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2020, 03:27:18 PM »
actual it seems the Bug might be fixed - at least some reports are poping up in the MSFS forum :)

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2020, 04:17:38 PM »

Offline koala

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2020, 04:38:15 PM »
hello

i'm a bit lost with AI in MSFS, i'm one of those not at all interested in 'live traffic' but very much interested in 'offline traffic' as we know it in FSX/P3D.

can someone maybe just sum up where we stand right now (have read a few post here and there but it's a bit confusing to me  :o).

Not talking about compatibility of models which will probably take some time, but just the very basic :
- it seems there is some offline traffic.bgl files
- it seems AIFP already supports MSFS
- so we can already compile BGL files like in P3D and make a particular aircraft go from A to B offline if i have a compatible model ?
- the bgl would go in the 'world/scenery' and the aircrafts where would they go, its seems it's all very different (no more fltsim ?), but AIFP has something so i'm just completely lost of what it's possible to do or not.

So to sum up, if I take an existing model working with MSFS and a livery of my choice, can i already make it go from A to B as an AI aircraft ?

sorry if the question has already been answered thousands times before, i'm a bit lost in the middle of all these changes  :heehee: :heehee: :o ;)

thank you.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 04:43:53 PM by koala »

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2020, 04:44:35 PM »
short answer: yes, but..

longer answer:

1) BGLs are working,some FSX MDLs as well. I would suggest creating a seperate community addon (and there starts the horror xD)
2) you need to create a valid maifest.json and layout.json (i think there are tools out in the web that will help)
3) Each fltsim entry (FSX MDL) need a own texture. and model. direcory (model. needs to contain the mdl!) - so basically you have a lot of duplicated mdl files)
4) BGLs are working

long answer: AIG has started to write a how-to, but there are still some blankspots we need to fill before we can release it

Offline koala

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2020, 04:49:02 PM »
thank you Kai, so there's good hope, the how-to will be a blessing for a lot of people, we know we can count on AIG  ::party:: !!!

Offline p3dflyer64

• Prop Captain
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2020, 11:22:17 PM »
Is the offline AI functionality in MSFS as much working as in P3D though? As looking at the sticky touchdowns and the occasional slew like stationary rotation on apron, it feels less fluid and downgraded which is hopefully a work in progress in asobo's diary.

Offline flyboynk

• Prop Captain
« Reply #59 on: November 10, 2020, 04:46:35 AM »
short answer: yes, but..

longer answer:

1) BGLs are working,some FSX MDLs as well. I would suggest creating a seperate community addon (and there starts the horror xD)
2) you need to create a valid maifest.json and layout.json (i think there are tools out in the web that will help)
3) Each fltsim entry (FSX MDL) need a own texture. and model. direcory (model. needs to contain the mdl!) - so basically you have a lot of duplicated mdl files)
4) BGLs are working

long answer: AIG has started to write a how-to, but there are still some blankspots we need to fill before we can release it

Greetings Kai and AIG team,

For number 3 you don't need a duplicate mdl in each model folder, you can have it but also to save space you can do the following:

Have a "base" model folder, for example model.0 (zero so it appears on top of all model folders)
This model.0 folder will contain the mdl ( FSX_aia_B717.mdl   as an example) and model.cfg files

** model.cfg entry in model.0 folder **

[model.options]
withExterior_showInterior=false
withExterior_showInterior_hideFirstLod=false
withInterior_forceFirstLod=false
withInterior_showExterior=false

[models]
normal=FSX_aia_B717

The other model folders will have only a model.cfg file ( no mdl file). This model.cfg will have the following:

** model.cfg entry in model.Delta Airlines (example) **

[model.options]
withExterior_showInterior=false
withExterior_showInterior_hideFirstLod=false
withInterior_forceFirstLod=false
withInterior_showExterior=false

[models]
normal=./model.0/FSX_aia_B717

This above example will reference model.0 folder, you can copy just this model.cfg to all model folders without needing mdl file in each model folder.

You must also create a texture.0 folder to match the model.0 folder ( I left the texture.0 folder empty without a problem)

When MSFS creates a CVT entry (if you are using mdl file for example) if will only create one for the model.0 folder and NOT one for texture.0 since it is empty. AI aircraft shows and no ctd or error using this

I am using this in my testing of adding Ai traffic to MSFS

** UPDATE, upon further testing using model.cfg only and not mdl in each model folder only displays one texture per airline per model. So if Delta Airlines has two repaints under one model, only one repaint will show..  grrrrrrr  ::fighting::)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2020, 07:34:19 AM by flyboynk »