Author Topic: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)  (Read 11549 times)

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
Re: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2020, 01:25:54 PM »
Firstly the correct structure is this:

D:\MSFS\Community\AI TRAFFIC\SimObjects\Airplanes\Flai_757-200WLPWRR

and inside Flai_757-200WLPWRR are your textures, models etc.

Secondly AAL-American is already in your aircraft list (ac#400,401 etc). Why would you want the same option?
My repaints here: https://flyingcarpet75.com/

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2020, 01:48:45 PM »
I figured it too many layout jsn files..i had an extra one in the simobjects folder.. I took it out and went back to the base of the AI Traffic folder and updated it there.. Now lets just see if they show up :)

Thanks, ::cheers::
BobM.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 03:02:37 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2020, 03:13:12 PM »
PW and RR are different models. You could have them both in your 757 folder, careful what model you put inside the model folders. I don't understand what is it that you want to do, since you already have American in your flightplan and the aircraft exists in your aircraft folder. With what you want to substitute it? Or you want to substitute your 767 with 757? If you want to do this why don't you just use "replace" function? It is exactly below "substitute". Or save file set (open "files", you will see the option in the middle), do the changes you want to do, and recompile.

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2020, 03:37:48 PM »
Thanks VAGVAG

BobM.

UPDATE: MSFS did create an Ai traffic file with a cvt in Community.. The cvt shows both the 757/737-700 with 4 model and 4 textures listed in each..
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 06:04:42 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 12:13:12 AM »
Been finally succesfull loading some custom offline AI in the sim:

Added this section in the aircraft.cfg files to get all that stuff around parked aircrafts:
Code: [Select]
[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 1
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 1
CATERING_TRUCK = 1
BOARDING_RAMP = 1
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 1
PUSHBACK = 1
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 1
JETWAY = 1

However the jetway is not functionnal, not sure why..

AI behaviour is far worse that generic Asobo aircrafts (which is already in a poor state): it's most of the time unable to land due to too low rate of descent.

And night lightning is really bad, not only the planes are glowing at night, but the taxi and landing lights are generating white boxes in front of the aircraft.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2020, 12:15:18 AM by mottoth »
Regards, Yohann.

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 12:57:06 AM »
Been finally succesfull loading some custom offline AI in the sim:

Added this section in the aircraft.cfg files to get all that stuff around parked aircrafts:
Code: [Select]
[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 1
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 1
CATERING_TRUCK = 1
BOARDING_RAMP = 1
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 1
PUSHBACK = 1
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 1
JETWAY = 1

However the jetway is not functionnal, not sure why..

AI behaviour is far worse that generic Asobo aircrafts (which is already in a poor state): it's most of the time unable to land due to too low rate of descent.

And night lightning is really bad, not only the planes are glowing at night, but the taxi and landing lights are generating white boxes in front of the aircraft.

Yes, night lighting is an issue. I got rid of the squares in front of the aircraft, by doing a bit of model tweaking, and I painted black as many lightmaps as I could (at least the tail area). As far as the glowing at night, this is due to missing main textures, or not defining them with a proper texture.cfg inside your aircraft's texture folders. You could open console and see if textures are marked as missing by the sim. Now at least the parked aircraft look good at night in my sim. If we could find a way to make AI behaviour more realistic..

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 08:48:11 PM »
Got some to show up but ai's line up and then disappear or other run into each other.. or if they do take off..they are creeping along...Any suggestions besides the realistic one...lol..:D

BobM.

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2020, 11:40:49 AM »

Yes, night lighting is an issue. I got rid of the squares in front of the aircraft, by doing a bit of model tweaking, and I painted black as many lightmaps as I could (at least the tail area). As far as the glowing at night, this is due to missing main textures, or not defining them with a proper texture.cfg inside your aircraft's texture folders. You could open console and see if textures are marked as missing by the sim. Now at least the parked aircraft look good at night in my sim. If we could find a way to make AI behaviour more realistic..

OK, thanks, I fixed the glowing issue with texture.cfg files pointing to the main texture folder. Taxi and landing lights are still bogged but it's now apparently just a transparency layer issue:

Also, I got a CTD on loading due to a missing model.xxx folder, there's no room for mistakes with MSFS. However I can confirm that json files are not required in texture folders for FSX models, I don't have any and still the AI loads fine:

Now one more questions: couldn't find any TFS model converted to FSX (I'm looking at A330s and B77Ws), is it safe to pick those converted to P3Dv4 that are referenced in this thread ?
Regards, Yohann.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2020, 11:45:38 AM »
P3Dv4 models will not work in MSFS, since they use a different format then FSX (Header has the P3D flag)

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2020, 12:26:58 PM »
Thanks. I finally found FSX models in this forums for those TFS birds.
Regards, Yohann.

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2020, 07:07:23 PM »
I'm adding each day more models succesfully and am becoming more confident in doing so. I thought I'd share one more time detailed file structure settings for those who wish to customize their MSFS offline AI but don't know where to start.
First: I'm using msfsLegacyImporter program to import FSX models.
Here's the main folder, with subfolders path unwrapped till a random AI model:

"base" models were renamed with un underscore (model.CFM -> model._CFM) so that thay allways appear at the top of the list. Then I just duplicate the required model and rename it the same way than the texture folder when adding a repaint (as for Air China: duplicate model._CFM and rename it model.CCA).

In the soundai folder I copied some stuff from Asobo AI generic airliners (/Official/OneStore/asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-twinengines or asobo-aircraft-generic-airliner-fourengines), works like a charm:

Now the texture folder, with the *_T.DDS texture and a texture.cfg file pointing to the main Texture folder where lightmaps are stored (AI Traffic/SimObjects/Textures):

Example of an fltsim.x entry. Not much stuff needed actually:

And at last the traffic bgl folder, compiled with AIFP:

Allways update the main folder layout.cfg after adding a model / repaint / flightplan or after editing anything. You can leave the MSFSLayoutGenerator exe where I put it, MSFS won't bother:

Latest additions to my test airport:
- FAIB B737-800

- TFS A330-200 and A330-300:

Some nightstop traffic overflowing to the ramp parking - working as intended:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 07:25:11 PM by mottoth »
Regards, Yohann.

Offline abranpuko

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2020, 09:19:52 PM »
Amazing!
im trying to learn like you, but i have less luck..
i think im going to begin again, step by step...
first, i have downloaded flai for fsx. and i will focus my work on faib737.
really thanks for your teaching!
(and i have a question...could you send some converted model to me? or this is not good to ask?)
thanks!!

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2020, 11:16:07 PM »
(and i have a question...could you send some converted model to me? or this is not good to ask?)
thanks!!
All of them are here: https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=23926.0
 You'll probably have to download first the FS9 base model for some converted stuff, as I had to for TFS A330s.
Regards, Yohann.

Offline abranpuko

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 12:18:35 AM »
ok!.
i have downloaded some fs9 to make the test.
with legacyimporter, im doing it, because iwant to use PSXSeecontraffic.

thank you!

Offline cahuich

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 02:20:44 AM »
Hi,

Here's a dumb question:

How to manage to see one or more models/repaints you have installed in this tuto in the sim?

For e.g. in FS9/FSX/P3D you have to assign the repaint to a flightplan (with AIFP) so you can appreciate it in the sim. Same in MSFS 2020?

Thanks
ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz
Corsair PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB
Samsung E28U90 UHD 4K
Sandisk 250GB, SanDisk 480GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 6GB ,
Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4v2