Author Topic: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)  (Read 11548 times)

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
Re: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 09:50:04 AM »
How to manage to see one or more models/repaints you have installed in this tuto in the sim?

For e.g. in FS9/FSX/P3D you have to assign the repaint to a flightplan (with AIFP) so you can appreciate it in the sim. Same in MSFS 2020?
Same for MSFS, use AIFP to mount the bgl traffic files: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP
Regards, Yohann.

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 10:11:21 AM »
One more thing, in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x entries:

[fltsim.0]
title=CCA 73H
sim=FAIB_7378
model=CCA
texture=CCA
atc_airline=AIR CHINA
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=B737-800W
ui_variation=Air China
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=CCA
atc_parking_codes=CCA
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP

RAMP has to be listed or the AI won't load once all the gates are filled. Found this testing at ZSHC where Loong Air has about 20 A320s based. I had assigned only atc_parking_types=GATE for Loong Air repaints, while all other airliners are assigned GATE, RAMP. Then I loaded the sim at 6:15AM local time before the first departures of the day: nearly all gates where flooded by other airlines (Air China alone has 25+ aircrafts based here) which load before Loong Air (load order by alphabetical order of the traffic bgls), but I could count only one Loong Air A320. I exited the sim, added RAMP to Loong repaints, restarted: now every flight is loaded, with 60+ AI aircraft nicely spread through GATES and several RAMP aprons, including all Loong Air aircraft previously missing. NB: I haven't yet started to experiment with airline codes in parking stands.
Regards, Yohann.

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 02:07:25 PM »
Thanks for all the tidbits. Are your ai's all over the place...you know...they pile into each other at the departure point...flying all over the skies..?  Looks like the skies over London during WWII...any cure or no...wishful thinking right now.

Is there a way to get the ai name tag...ie Alaska 737-900..that type of thing to appear over the ai?

Thanks mottoth!!

Best Wishes...BE SAFE
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 02:17:26 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline cahuich

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 02:45:21 PM »
How to manage to see one or more models/repaints you have installed in this tuto in the sim?

For e.g. in FS9/FSX/P3D you have to assign the repaint to a flightplan (with AIFP) so you can appreciate it in the sim. Same in MSFS 2020?
Same for MSFS, use AIFP to mount the bgl traffic files: http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP

Roger,

So I have to mount the AIG flightplan from AIFP/F20 folder and then substitute the AC title in red with the repaint I installed in MSFS/Community folder and then compile to MSFS/Community/Ai Custom?

Do the Ai option in MSFS should be Offline or Online?

Thanks mottoth
ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz
Corsair PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB
Samsung E28U90 UHD 4K
Sandisk 250GB, SanDisk 480GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 6GB ,
Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4v2

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 03:24:23 PM »
@cahuich

My two cents.. AI Offline  (this is for your own use and cannot be shared)

Here are some pics...maybe i'll get chided or corrected...lol...learn by doing.
Each picture builds on the other. One thing..anytime you make a change you need to run the layout json...copy and paste to the MSFSLayoutGenerator-master...get the program put it anywhere and copy (shortcut) the exe into your simobject  and in the base ai directory..pic 1...do the simobject first (after any changes) and then the layout (copy paste as before)in ai directory..

You will find that the substitute aircraft will show up in your list of aircraft.
I didn't do the mount  business. I used the directories.
On the front of aifp...you will need to compile and save file sets to where you are keeping your stuff.. In the pic (last one) I have changed the location of where it is compiled too..  I have added a pic and how I name my models...its a winglet so I copy and paste winglet and then i rename it to match the same in the cfg.

Hope this helps...if this causes problems..i will delete the post lol...

Greets  ::cheers::

BobM.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2020, 05:50:15 PM by unc1rlm »

Offline cahuich

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 06:29:08 PM »
I did all the steps from Yohann and yours BobM and still can't see my customized AI Traffic.

I see MSFS default traffic.

My Layout.json is updated

I see Yohann doesn't have .json files in every model folder like you do.

Is it necesary to have .json files in AI TRAFFIC and Simobjects directories?

How can MSFS can recognize my traffic bgl file in Community/AI TRAFFIC/SimObjects/Scenery/WORLD/TRAFFIC?
ASUS P8Z68-M PRO, Intel Core i7-2600K 3.4GHz
Corsair PC3-10700 DDR3 16GB
Samsung E28U90 UHD 4K
Sandisk 250GB, SanDisk 480GB
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 6GB ,
Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4v2

Offline Jan Martin

• AIG Modeller
  • Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2020, 06:57:24 PM »
Hope this helps...if this causes problems..i will delete the post lol.
Please do not, sometimes errors lead to the solution of a problem ;)

Offline abranpuko

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2020, 07:53:00 PM »
YES, PLEASE!! dont delete anything.
im also learning.
thanks for your big help and ilustration.
if tis possible, could i make a request?: a list of the procedures , step by step to make ai traffic planes.
:)

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2020, 09:31:38 PM »
Thanks for all the tidbits. Are your ai's all over the place...you know...they pile into each other at the departure point...flying all over the skies..?  Looks like the skies over London during WWII...any cure or no...wishful thinking right now.
I will check if they pile into each other before take off, maybe it's the case and I didn't pay attention so far..
Take off behaviour is incredibely broken: the AI takes off at 60KTs, level off at a few hundreds feet AGL to accelerate to 250KTs while turning direct to it's destination and sometimes overflying the airport at very low level in the process. I saw this also with default Asobo AI models and online traffic, so this issue is not related to imported FSX models and needs fixing from Asobo.

So I have to mount the AIG flightplan from AIFP/F20 folder and then substitute the AC title in red with the repaint I installed in MSFS/Community folder and then compile to MSFS/Community/Ai Custom?

Do the Ai option in MSFS should be Offline or Online?
Offline mode, definitely. Use AIFP to substitute aircrafts with those you installed, and compile/mount directely in the Community/AI TRAFFIC/Scenery/WORLD/TRAFFIC (you can customize your AIFP output dir).

I see Yohann doesn't have .json files in every model folder like you do.
Is it necesary to have .json files in AI TRAFFIC and Simobjects directories?
How can MSFS can recognize my traffic bgl file in Community/AI TRAFFIC/SimObjects/Scenery/WORLD/TRAFFIC?
I have only one layout.json for my whole setup, and this file is at the 'root' folder (Community/AI TRAFFIC/).
In it you have every model/repaint/texture/traffic bgl listed. This is thanks to this json file that MSFS does inventory and locate all your AI ressources. Updating that layout.json is mandatory after each change to make the sim aware of it.
Also, texture.json files are not required for FSX legacy models.

The correct path is: Community/AI TRAFFIC/Scenery/WORLD/TRAFFIC
Regards, Yohann.

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2020, 01:03:07 AM »
The correct path is: Community/AI TRAFFIC/Scenery/WORLD/TRAFFIC

OR      Community/AI TRAFFIC/Scenery/WORLD/scenery

You can rename "AI TRAFFIC" to whichever name you like by the way, and inside you should have the appropriate layout.json and manifest.json

Check the initial post in page 1.

One more thing, in the aircraft.cfg fltsim.x entries:

[fltsim.0]
title=CCA 73H
sim=FAIB_7378
model=CCA
texture=CCA
atc_airline=AIR CHINA
ui_manufacturer=Airbus
ui_type=B737-800W
ui_variation=Air China
isAirTraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=CCA
atc_parking_codes=CCA
atc_parking_types=GATE, RAMP

RAMP has to be listed or the AI won't load once all the gates are filled.

You are right about this. Tested at GMMN, and I have parked aircraft at the ramp. Thanks.  ::cheers::

My repaints here: https://flyingcarpet75.com/

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2020, 12:22:10 PM »
This can be an invaluable tool to find errors like model names wrong or textures etc.. Great for your tool bag... plus you can add all those gate and ramp in one move and not kill your self. be sure and click "Save"..lol

BobM.

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2020, 10:45:01 AM »

I will check if they pile into each other before take off, maybe it's the case and I didn't pay attention so far..
Take off behaviour is incredibely broken: the AI takes off at 60KTs, level off at a few hundreds feet AGL to accelerate to 250KTs while turning direct to it's destination and sometimes overflying the airport at very low level in the process. I saw this also with default Asobo AI models and online traffic, so this issue is not related to imported FSX models and needs fixing from Asobo.

If you use multiple configuration files, in flight_model.cfg you should find [REFERENCE SPEEDS]. Change rotation_speed_min =55 to something else. There are other parameters there, but I haven't tested extensively.

Furthermore, regarding jetway connection and other ground services you should define [INTERACTIVE POINTS] inside flight_model.cfg. In the SDK documentation there are instructions. I also haven't tested this.

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2020, 02:47:23 PM »
What causes tail light to flicker and a black square under taxi light under front nose gear to show up.. ?

@ VAGVAG: If you use multiple configuration files, in flight_model.cfg you should find [REFERENCE SPEEDS]. Change rotation_speed_min =55 to something else. There are other parameters there, but I haven't tested extensively.

Furthermore, regarding jetway connection and other ground services you should define [INTERACTIVE POINTS] inside flight_model.cfg. In the SDK documentation there are instructions. I also haven't tested this

I assume this is for flying models not ai's?

Thanks,
BobM.

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2020, 03:24:00 PM »
What causes tail light to flicker and a black square under taxi light under front nose gear to show up.. ?

@ VAGVAG: If you use multiple configuration files, in flight_model.cfg you should find [REFERENCE SPEEDS]. Change rotation_speed_min =55 to something else. There are other parameters there, but I haven't tested extensively.

Furthermore, regarding jetway connection and other ground services you should define [INTERACTIVE POINTS] inside flight_model.cfg. In the SDK documentation there are instructions. I also haven't tested this

I assume this is for flying models not ai's?

Thanks,
BobM.

It applies to AI too. Multiple configuration files can be used even if the models are fsx. Later I will check if defining [INTERACTIVE POINTS] will cause the jetways to connect. They sure work for gltf. Change in rotation speed definitely works. If you change that to 145 for example, aircraft will rotate when speed of 145 knots is reached. Climbing is another issue, haven't experimented with that yet.

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2020, 03:40:01 PM »
Gonna try and use msfs legacy and get all the parts and see if it works...Its a flyable ..wanted it for ai.. will see how it goes..kept coming up with "interior cockpit" needs fixing or will cause game to crash.

Thanks VAGVAG...Happy Holidays!!!

BobM.   btw  BE SAFE!!!

UPDATE for MSFS2020 1.03GB.. go get it :)
 ::happy:: ::happy:: ::happy:: ::happy:: ::happy:: ::happy:: ::happy::
Got update and the ai's seem to do right at Seattle. The line up..( using 16l and 16c and landing 16R...seems better but you get one ai that gets turned around..seems to be improving?) keep their social distancing and take off.. They do kinda creep along but definitely better...Atlanta they just pile in..don't take off..i think its an afcad issue?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 06:21:28 PM by unc1rlm »