Author Topic: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)  (Read 11939 times)

Offline Dlow

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours)
« Reply #90 on: January 21, 2021, 02:28:14 PM »
So has there been a clear solution to the landing light issues on the various Ai (paints a while field in front of the jet and in most cases, a vertical wall under the plane as it approaches the runway?). Perhaps just removing the landing lights?

Yes, but this means that you are messing with the model. If you do this (you shouldn't), then it is for your own use. It is only a workaround, since you will not have any landing lights, unless of course you do a proper conversion licenced by the modeller.

That's that I figured needed to be done - something well beyond my capabilities and experience. That is what AIG is looking to do/already working on, correct?

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #91 on: January 21, 2021, 02:43:18 PM »
So has there been a clear solution to the landing light issues on the various Ai (paints a while field in front of the jet and in most cases, a vertical wall under the plane as it approaches the runway?). Perhaps just removing the landing lights?

Yes, but this means that you are messing with the model. If you do this (you shouldn't), then it is for your own use. It is only a workaround, since you will not have any landing lights, unless of course you do a proper conversion licenced by the modeller.

That's that I figured needed to be done - something well beyond my capabilities and experience. That is what AIG is looking to do/already working on, correct?

I am not a member of the modelling team here, but I am guessing they are working on it. Bear in mind that it is a slow process, and the SDK is not complete yet. Whatever works now may not work tomorrow, so some caution is required.
My repaints here: https://flyingcarpet75.com/

Offline Gdo92FS

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #92 on: January 21, 2021, 04:27:18 PM »
Hi guys

I wanna do some testing and finnaly convert my FLAI planes into MSFS. Can I see some ingame screenshots off the AI traffic please?

Thanks in advance :)

Just a little note here. They are not FLAi planes. They are a collection  ai models and paints, that the creators of those gave permission to FLAi to pack for the online operations of VATSIM. This licence has been revoked. Now that this is out of the way, check the screenshot section of the forum. You should find something there. You should also check the modelling sections and the painters' sections, just to get an idea where all these nice models and paints come from.
FSX models work just fine (with limitations). You don't have to convert anything. Whatever converted models you find here, bear in mind that they are converted under licence from the modellers and that they are for your own use.

Those screenshots look amazing! Brings back lots of great FSX and P3D memories when my airports where full of AI. Hope to see it soon for MSFS, I will be patient. I'm not gonna mess with cfg files etc., I don't have knowledge in that kind of stuff.

Offline abranpuko

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2021, 08:19:19 PM »
all is working with your great software.
some ai model are sunk on ground. do you know how to modify this?
faib model work well, but PSXAI model have their wheels buried on ground.

thanks in advance!

Offline VAGVAG

• Senior Captain
« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2021, 08:23:14 PM »
all is working with your great software.
some ai model are sunk on ground. do you know how to modify this?
faib model work well, but PSXAI model have their wheels buried on ground.

thanks in advance!

Not my software, just a small tutorial. I don't know about the wheels, probably contact points need adjustment, but I haven't messed with the FDEs yet.
My repaints here: https://flyingcarpet75.com/

Offline abranpuko

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2021, 09:46:33 PM »
oh, thats true! it was the contact points! i have arranged it!
the flightmodel.cfg must be equal than the original one in contact points section!
thanks!

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2021, 12:20:20 PM »
I can't get anything to show up..for whatever reason...are you using the new format or the old fsx format in aircraft cfg with the
isairtraffic=1
isUserSelectable=0
icao_airline=AAL    added. ..In regards to the manifest json....should the content type be "AIRCRAFT" or "CORE".. I know in the aifp..if you mount the bgl's the content type is "CORE"...its got to be something simple/

Any help appreciated..

BobM.

Offline flyer123

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2021, 05:40:04 PM »
This thread has been so helpful, thanks to all! I've managed to start getting some FSX AI into FS2020 now but I'm struggling on a couple of points that came up early on.
I can't seem to do the Rotation Speed and interactive points to get the jetways to attach.
I added the rotation_speed_min to the aircraft.cfg but it hasn't seemed to change anything and with the interactive points/exit points its all just words for my brain haha

Thanks,
Oliver

Offline Dlow

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2021, 05:45:00 PM »
there is a thread here with details on "exits" which might help, did you try that?

I haven't see the "Rotation Speed" used, but I can confirm what has done wonders for me is the simple addition of the following to the "Reference Speed" section (you can set this to any speed you want depending on the size of the aircraft);

takeoff_speed      = 140.0                 //Knots True (KTAS)

Offline flyer123

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2021, 06:49:23 PM »
Thanks I'll have  look for those, is the exits post for FS2020?

Offline Dlow

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2021, 07:26:05 PM »
I think they were for FSX which "might" work here since the models are being converted. I have no direct experience with this however.

Offline flyer123

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2021, 08:29:05 PM »
No problem, thanks !

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #102 on: February 11, 2021, 10:14:29 AM »

I haven't see the "Rotation Speed" used, but I can confirm what has done wonders for me is the simple addition of the following to the "Reference Speed" section (you can set this to any speed you want depending on the size of the aircraft);

takeoff_speed      = 140.0                 //Knots True (KTAS)

Thanks, updated my models with this and it seems to work indeed: tested B738s and 32S, they seem to make 1500 to 1800m take off runs.

I spent some time yesterday to dig in the [GENERAL] section of the aircraft.cfg:
Code: [Select]
atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BOEING.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL B737.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "B738"
icao_manufacturer = "BOEING"

icao_type_designator and icao_manufacturer are used for model matching with online AI (along with the icao_airline entry in the fltsim.x sections). They must be ICAO official codes.

atc_type and atc_model are used for ATC audio text-to-speech. You can pick any entry in your localization file (mine is: (MSFS install dir)\Official\OneStore\fs-base\en-US.locPak). atc_type is for the manufacturer, atc_model is the Ac model itself.

Here are a few samples (not all were tested yet), some can be counter intuitive with the need to use silences (=blanks) when the manufacturer name is repeated in the model name:

Code: [Select]
atc_type = ""TT:ATCCOM.BLANK.0.text""
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL SF34.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "SF34"
icao_manufacturer = "SAAB"

atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME MCDONNELDOUGLAS.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL MD80.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "MD83"
icao_manufacturer = "MCDONNELL DOUGLAS"

atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME AIRBUS.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL A319.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "A319"
icao_manufacturer = "AIRBUS"

atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.ATC_NAME BOEING.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL B773.1.text"
icao_type_designator = "B77W"
icao_manufacturer = "BOEING"

atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.BLANK.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL E135.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "E75S"
icao_manufacturer = "EMBRAER"

atc_type = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL AT45.0.text"
atc_model = "TT:ATCCOM.AC_MODEL ATR72.0.text"
icao_type_designator = "AT75"
icao_manufacturer = "ATR"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:19:34 AM by mottoth »
Regards, Yohann.

Offline Tuskin38

• Prop Captain
« Reply #103 on: February 11, 2021, 05:05:54 PM »
This is the page I use to find the ICAO info

https://www.icao.int/publications/DOC8643/Pages/Search.aspx

Offline unc1rlm

• Command Captain
« Reply #104 on: February 11, 2021, 09:06:08 PM »
Not able to get any ai's i am working on to show up.(MSFS) ..can someone post a pic of a working ai  aircraft directory pic and maybe a aircraft cfg.. Pulling hair out...have 2 left... anyone using the new glTF  or the old fsx mdl?

Thanks,
Working on this for months and at wits end. used Plane Converter/MSFS legacy Installer and JB Tools and still nothing.

Bestest!!
BobM.