Author Topic: [OPEN] AI Manager 1.0.1.18 Stalls during loading  (Read 998 times)

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
[OPEN] AI Manager 1.0.1.18 Stalls during loading
« on: December 09, 2020, 09:05:30 PM »
Hello Kai.
Well, I'm sorry to say it's happening again, coming to a stop during the loading process.  It comes to a standstill during "collect flightplans", and always seems to stop at approximately the same place in D:\Prepar3d v5 Scenery Add-ons\RTMM Add-on\Scenery\world\Scenery on the TrafficAlaskaMarineTrack bgls.  I used it successfully on 5th and 6th December, loading a couple of airlines, and updating a few others, which appeared successful.  Today, 9th December was the first time I'd started it since then.  Referring to the log files below, I tried twice, the 1648 and 1719 files refer, then I thought I try reapplying the 1.0.1.18 update using the method you mentioned in our earlier posts, that is deleting the resources folder, then copying across the update files and folder, overwriting the current files.  I note from the log files that on the first attempt today, it got down to line 1147.  On the second attempt it got to line 1138.  On the third attempt it got to line 1216.  During the first two attempts, I tried to exit the program, although there was no immediate reaction, it eventually closed down.  During the third attempt, I just left it running, and when I came back 2½ hours later, it had shut itself down.  The only thing unusual that appears to have happened today was that Windows updated itself this morning, before I tried the program.

Thanks for your help
Graham
« Last Edit: December 10, 2020, 07:39:10 AM by Kaiii3 »

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: AI Manager 1.0.1.18 Stalls during loading
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 09:23:23 PM »
I've just rebooted the computer and tried again.  This time it crashed to desktop when collecting flightplans.  Latest log file attached.

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: AI Manager 1.0.1.18 Stalls during loading
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2020, 07:39:02 AM »
seems till be caused by this:

"Collect flightplans from: D:\Prepar3d v5 Scenery Add-ons\RTMM Add-on\Scenery\world\scenery"

I will check the code again, seems the bug fix has not worked here ::confused::

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
Re: [OPEN] AI Manager 1.0.1.18 Stalls during loading
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 11:13:59 PM »
Hello again Kai. 

I ran the RTMM updater which is supposed to bring all the RTMM traffic up to date for P3D v5.  This appeared to be successful.  I then ran AIM to see if it made any difference.  On starting AIM, it updated to version 1.0.1.20.  After it finished updating and started the program, I received this message "AIM is unable to set OCI paths! Please report this with the AIM log files in the AIG Forum! Any OCI installation will cause problems until this is fixed". After I clicked OK, it continued the loading sequence, but again stalled on "Collect Flightplans"

Graham

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2020, 08:04:35 AM »
ok lets track down the invalid OCI first.

Please post your addon.xml from the OCI-Configuration directory, inside your OCI installation here

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2020, 03:42:20 PM »
Sorry Kai.  An error on my part.  When I tried to start up AIM yesterday, I'd forgotten that I had disabled the add-on.xml.  A couple of days ago, P3D v5.1 failed to load.  I suspected that this may have been caused by the last traffic files I had downloaded, that was I think two airlines from Papua New Guinea.  It turned out it wasn't connect to the traffic but was due to a faulty dll in the P3D installation, where or why I don't know because it had been running OK up to then, but it might also have benn Active Sky P3D which I installed recently. 

Then I found out about P3D v5.1 Hotfix 1, and after downloading and installing that, P3D started normally.  However, I forgot to re-enable the add-on.xml.  So I'm going to re-enable it now and try again.  I'll let you know what happens

Thanks again
Graham

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2020, 03:56:50 PM »
Hi Kai
AIM has now upgraded itself to 1.0.1.21.  Prior to starting, I re-enabled the older of the two xml's.  There were no OCI messages.  However it has now stalled again during "collect flightplans".

Attached are the latest log files

Graham

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2020, 03:58:30 PM »
will have a closer look at it tomorrow, the new log entries I have added in the last update are giving me some clue, on where to look.  :stirpot:

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2021, 11:02:08 PM »
Any news yet Kai?

Graham

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 07:12:49 AM »
killed my system shortly after Christmas, beeing back online since yesterday - the check is still on my todolist (sorry)

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2021, 09:03:37 PM »
No worries.  Thanks Kai

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 10:23:16 PM »
Any progress yet Kai?

Graham

Offline sharklet_a319

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
  • AIM Developper
    • AI Manager Download
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2021, 12:28:20 PM »
Any progress yet Kai?

Graham

Should be fixed, pls give it another try with the latest AIM version

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2021, 10:19:21 PM »
Hi Chris

No it's still the same.  Log files attached

Graham

Offline plco43

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2021, 12:17:10 PM »
Hi Chris

After I posted last night, I tried switching off the RTMM (Return To Misty Moorings) scenery and traffic.  I switched off the RTMM add-on xml, started P3D, checked the scenery library to make sure it had been removed, shut down and then started AIM.  Initially, everything looks OK.  Is there some way of getting AIM to ignore certain selected traffic, such as the RTMM stuff?  I think it's primarily the boat traffic that's causing the conflict, but turning off all the RTMM stuff to update or install AI traffic via AIM seems the easiest workaround at the moment.

Graham