Author Topic: Not another AI not showing up thread!  (Read 623 times)

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
Not another AI not showing up thread!
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:27:44 AM »
I decided to take advantage of being home because an unofficial lockdown here in New South Wales and have been working on getting P3Dv4 setup again.  So after downloading and installing the latest version of P3Dv4 for me (4.5.14.34698) and installing my ORBX and FlyTampa sceneries, I moved to AI.  Thought I would start easy with a one model airline, REX.  I installed the converted model with PBR and the repaints.  And in AIFP I saw them in the list and assigned them to the REX plans and compiled them.  However, they are not to be seen.  The only compile option in AIFP is P3D, so they are not in a FS9 bgl format.  I double checked everything in the aircraft.cfg file and in the model.cfg file and it all looks good.  I didn't do anything special with the folder installation, I just added it into the SimObjects\Airplanes folder.  This is frustrating for me not to be able to figure this out as my day job is running a product team of a software company and this is what I do in my job, figure things out that are not working.  But this has me stumped.  Does anybody know of a guide that walks through installing AI (webpage or document, do not really prefer YouTube videos) into P3D?
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Offline AF082

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Re: Not another AI not showing up thread!
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 02:24:04 PM »
I decided to take advantage of being home because an unofficial lockdown here in New South Wales and have been working on getting P3Dv4 setup again.  So after downloading and installing the latest version of P3Dv4 for me (4.5.14.34698) and installing my ORBX and FlyTampa sceneries, I moved to AI.  Thought I would start easy with a one model airline, REX.  I installed the converted model with PBR and the repaints.  And in AIFP I saw them in the list and assigned them to the REX plans and compiled them.  However, they are not to be seen.  The only compile option in AIFP is P3D, so they are not in a FS9 bgl format.  I double checked everything in the aircraft.cfg file and in the model.cfg file and it all looks good.  I didn't do anything special with the folder installation, I just added it into the SimObjects\Airplanes folder.  This is frustrating for me not to be able to figure this out as my day job is running a product team of a software company and this is what I do in my job, figure things out that are not working.  But this has me stumped.  Does anybody know of a guide that walks through installing AI (webpage or document, do not really prefer YouTube videos) into P3D?

When you re-installed P3D did you remember to go into the traffic settings and change the default 0% setting. What location/time are you trying, I am happy to check what REX activity I see with OCI?

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
Re: Not another AI not showing up thread!
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2021, 03:01:52 AM »
I've been away from P3D for a long time.  With me working from home and on my laptop for 8+ hours a day, I had no desire to mess around with the gaming side of my laptop once I signed off the VPN for a long, long time.  I figured this out yesterday when I looked at it again finally, and it was a bit embarrassing, especially as it was something easy.  The traffic % slider was at 0.  Got a 4 day weekend coming up from work and I'll start adding in more traffic.  It took this software product guy way to long to figure that one out...I'll not share that with work, the developers would not let me live it down.
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?