Main Menu

[SOLVED] No AIGFP traffic injected with AIGTC setting <100%

Started by Fiorentoni, January 09, 2021, 02:16:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fiorentoni

As in the title, as soon as I try to reduce the injection percentage in the traffic contoller app (trying to improve performance on big airports) most if not all AIGFP aircrafts / flightplans disappear. (P3d setting is always 100%)

E.g. at LFPG: I inject 100% -> all of LFPG is full of Air France.
I inject 99% -> no Air France aircraft is there. None.

E.g. at EGLL: I inject 100% -> all of British Airways is there.
I inject 95% -> all of British Airways is there.
I inject 90% -> none BA aircraft is there.

(by the way I always restart AIGTC when I change the injection setting, since it doesnt seem to do anything when it already injected)

I don't quite understand the pattern here. In the AIG manager Air France and BA seem to have "normal" values percentage-wise (all between 40 and 50%), just as any other bigger .bgl-Airline. It seems to be a problem with AIGFP airlines and/or the AIGTC injection percentage setting.. but I don't know what.
I need to reduce traffic to about 50% to 75% to have 20FPS at Heathrow or Charles De Gaulle, but I certainly don't want to kill all of Air France or BA!

Fiorentoni

I saw that the AIGFP aircraft have a "SIM" percentage in the manager of "1". The .bgl-aircraft have variable percentages. Could this be the reason? Then I don't know why they were installed like this, the setting is min 1% max 99% and it worked for any .bgl-airline.

puu808

Hello everyone,
I just wanted to add to this thread because I'm seeing similar behaviors with my system.  I just completed a clean install of P3D v5.1 HF1 and am running all the latest drivers in addition to the latest Windows 10 version.  I have AI Manager, AIG OCI and AIG TC all installed appropriately per the manuals with default flightplan settings, auto-inject upon startup selected for AIG TC while use AIGFP files is also selected. 

While performing a few flights I noticed that upon loading into the sim, a couple of airliners would spawn at the departure airport I had selected with a few more having spawned at nearby airports or in the air.  Every time I tried this, the only airliners that spawned around me were operating on .bgl flightplans.  The majority of the airborne airliners were also operating off of a .bgl file with occasionally one or two airliners following an AIGFP file.  I noticed that this would occur any time the activity level for injection was < 90%.  I did some additional testing and have noticed that an activity level > 97% spawns significantly more airliners around me, most of which that weren't present before are all following AIGFPs.  I will do more testing to see what minimum activity level still injects all active AIGFP airliners on my system. 

I also noticed that having the AI Traffic Limiter on FSUIPC active causes aircraft to respawn immediately as it deletes injected aircraft to keep the total below your specified limit.  Not a deal breaker on my end, but it would definitely help performance at busy airports if I could keep the AI count down a bit. 

Is anyone else seeing behavior like this?  Any possible solutions I could try to get more airliners to spawn at lower activity levels?  Appreciate any feedback!

Thanks,
Josh             

Kaiii3

puu808

Files are attached.  Completed a flight last night at 97% activity level and all AIGFP based airliners were present and functioning normally.  Though before completing the flight I had to restart and bump the activity level back to 97% as I tried 95% initially and no AIGFP based traffic was injected. 

Kaiii3

ok, will check the code, the log itself is  looking fine without any major errors

wkpbenny

I am having the same problem too, either all or noting

puu808

I've continued to experiment with things and have a quick update.  I've tried injecting traffic manually after loading in and have been able to to get traffic to load at less than a 97% activity setting.  I had one situation where I got all traffic to load at 80%, but sadly have not been able to achieve that again.  I'm currently able to be as low as 95% with manual traffic injection.  Though I'm considering not using AIGFPs any longer and going back to .bgls because it's just too much AI traffic for my system to handle at large airports.     

rockon01uk

Started to notice this with a few more airlines going to AIGFP flightplans. Have had to revert to bgls and turn off the AIGFP option as I'm not getting any AIGFP airlines unless traffic is over 90%, which is way too much traffic and taking a long time to load said traffic. Latest was the swiss plan where I have traffic set to my PC's liking at about 15% and had no swiss at Zurich and after going back to bgl had a few. Noticed this first with the KLM file that went to AIGFP.

Kaiii3

log shows no traffic injection at all, but no errors as well... very strange ::confused:: We are currently running tests with 0.4 that includes are reworked spawning profile so this problems should be fixed in that version.

CAPTAINKA320

Hi All, I just wanted to share a fix that I found on here, which sorted out my issue with no aircraft showing up in any airports, I removed the ZIP file that was in the Resources Folder in AIG TrafficController. and that fixed it. It might help you if you are experiencing the same problem