Author Topic: AIFP repaints download problem  (Read 718 times)

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
AIFP repaints download problem
« on: January 09, 2021, 04:58:56 PM »
Hi guys,

AIFP has been grinding my gears a lot lately. They seem to always fail to download a repaint via the auto-downloader feature. Has anyone encountered this problem? I just tried downloading a paint through the repaint downloader, but the files they download are corrupted. I have to manually locate and download the paints myself, without any problems.
Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline jetsetterace

• Turbine Captain
Re: AIFP repaints download problem
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 05:33:27 PM »
I've run into the exact same issue recently. Raised it in the official AIFP support thread here. See Don's response below:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=9594.msg349098#msg349098

Unfortunately it looks like the issue, in at least the case of Avsim, goes beyond what Don is capable of fixing at this time. Staying tuned to the thread for any updates that may fix it; I miss fully automatic downloading too!
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 05:55:17 PM by jetsetterace »
Regards,
-Ace | P3Dv4

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble

Offline EarnhardtJR

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 12:13:34 AM »
I've run into the exact same issue recently. Raised it in the official AIFP support thread here. See Don's response below:

https://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=9594.msg349098#msg349098

Unfortunately it looks like the issue, in at least the case of Avsim, goes beyond what Don is capable of fixing at this time. Staying tuned to the thread for any updates that may fix it; I miss fully automatic downloading too!

"Perhaps the days of automatic downloading are over" that's a pretty grim prognosis, but i guess its what it is  :-\

Thanks jetsetterace! At least I'm not the only one with the problem
Aaron,

EHRD/EGNT

Offline jetsetterace

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 01:58:41 AM »
"Perhaps the days of automatic downloading are over" that's a pretty grim prognosis, but i guess its what it is  :-\

Thanks jetsetterace! At least I'm not the only one with the problem

No problem Aaron! Certainly not the most ideal situation, but at least we have the old fashioned way (manual) to hold us over.
Regards,
-Ace | P3Dv4

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." -Oscar Gamble