Author Topic: Contact Request from VATSIM Board of Governors  (Read 1837 times)

Offline bartel11

• Prop 1st Officer
Contact Request from VATSIM Board of Governors
« on: January 09, 2021, 06:08:03 PM »
I am a representative of VATSIM’s Board of Governors and would like to make contact with whomever represents the whole of Alpha-India Group to discuss options for AI traffic due to the sudden shutdown of FLAI.

Please contact me at vpmkt (at) vatsim.net

Regards,
Matt Bartels
VATSIM Vice President
Marketing & Communications

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Contact Request from VATSIM Board of Governors
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 08:12:02 PM »
please specify what you are looking for a bit more specific:

A whole in one package? Just liveries? For what SImulator?

Answering this questions will help to narrow down the potential point of contacts for your request :)

Offline chasensfo

• Turbine Captain
  • Ahoy there
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 09:08:15 AM »
Are you SERIOUS?! A VATSIM leader reaches out about replacing FLAI, which thousands and thousands of simmers depended on, and you're going to greet him with that as if we don't all know what FLAI is and that it works across several platforms? As if him posting this is unexpected?

This is embarrassing. You do know this affected thousands of people and they're pissed, right?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2021, 09:14:06 AM by chasensfo »

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2021, 09:37:22 AM »
Are you SERIOUS?! A VATSIM leader reaches out about replacing FLAI, which thousands and thousands of simmers depended on, and you're going to greet him with that as if we don't all know what FLAI is and that it works across several platforms? As if him posting this is unexpected?

This is embarrassing. You do know this affected thousands of people and they're pissed, right?

1) Yes I am serious!
2) we know exactly what FLAi is!
3) We need to know what VATSIM wants, since the last weeks have shown us that many do not understand what AIG is actual. And this causes confusion and misunderstandings, to make sure this does not happen again we need to know exactly what VATSIM is trying to achive. There are multiple options what can be done and so far it is unclear to us what they want exactly. So to make sure we understand what they want this questions have been ask, so the request can be forwared to the correct point of contact!

Offline vadriver

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2021, 10:34:44 AM »
I am a representative of VATSIM’s Board of Governors and would like to make contact with whomever represents the whole of Alpha-India Group

sounds like a puppy want to meet a doberman ....

surely this can be be done "privately / discretely / respectfully" off-line
cheers
john

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2021, 03:27:30 PM »
AIG and VATSIM are now in direct contact. I will lock this topic now, I am sure as soon as there are infos you will get them ^^