Main Menu

AI Manager - more info on each airline

Started by RayP, April 22, 2021, 11:57:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayP

I'm running AIM v1.0.1.29 for P3Dv5. I have selected the option not to include payware aircraft. But when selecting and installing GA_CORPORATE airlines many of the aircraft are shown as NO_PAINT. So I can either delete the airline or use AIFP to substitute another suitable aircraft assuming one is available in that package.

But if the aircraft are payware why isn't that airline filtered out? Can it be?

Also, there's no indication how many routes each airline flies. It could be 1 or 100. But until I start the install I don't know. Can you add an extra column to show such info please? Then I can select the larger ones first.

Finally, the Online Flightplans dialogue box doesn't show whether it's a BGL or AIGFP file. Can that be included please?

Love the product.  ::cheers::
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

Hey Ray,

sadly non of the information can be shown before the flightplan is downloaded and loaded into AIM. The online crawler has only access to the filename, using a defined syntax it is able to identify the basic information form it. The actual lfightplan is only been loaded during the install process after it gets downlaoded.

RayP

Hi Kaiii3, understood on the flight info stuff. But what about filtering out those airlines that require payware aircraft?

And identifying if it's a BGL or AIGFP file?

Finally, I have made a separate list of airlines I can't use as all aircraft used are payware. Any possibility a local file could be saved with those preferences so they can be excluded from the available list?.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

the payware-info is included inside the ZIP archive, so now way to access it same goes for the AIGFP-exclusive info..

A "block/ignore"-list is planned so you can ignore specific airlines. We do plan a complete rework of the Online-Window in the next weeks.

RayP

Understood regarding the payware stuff. Look forward to the new release. :)
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

Hi Kaiii3. Since I discussed this with you I've found a way of checking whether a BGL airline is suitable for me.

If I right-click an available airline or corporate jet and choose install it displays a world map which helps in deciding if I want it. If I do I choose the option to bring up what aircraft are used. If all are NO PAINT I terminate the process.

If they have a PAINT then I continue with the install. If there's one or two NO PAINT models I use AIFP to substitute them for one with a livery. I then compile the BGL and all is well.

The point of this post is a gentle reminder for AIM to allow me to "hide" those airlines that I can't use as they're all NO PAINTS. Just an option to right-click and choose Hide would be great. The airline would still be visible but in a lighter coloured font so it's visible should I want to try it again in the future. There are hundreds of Corporate jets listed and trying to keep track of the ones I can't use is difficult.

Thanks for reading this.  ::cheers::
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

I am working on an exlusion list (or it is on the list for 1.1), but MSFS has actual taking focus at the moment (mainly telling ASOBO what is not working in their Sim :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:)

RayP

Understood Kaiii. Too much work for you.  :'(
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)