Author Topic: NEW TO AIG  (Read 586 times)

Offline clive6354

• Prop 1st Officer
NEW TO AIG
« on: January 11, 2021, 06:54:04 PM »
Hello
Hello

I am new to AIG, reading the manual and watching a few videos before taking the plunge.  I have a few questions which when answered will assist setting up and how AIG works

As well as providing AI flight plans, does AIG provide model matching when using VATSIM?

When Installing AIG and building the database can I use an external SSD different from where P3D is located?

When building the database if I select all airlines will this have a heavy performance hit on my system performance and use the traffic slider in the P3D menu?
I expect that performance will depend on the amount of traffic at a specific airport

Clive

Offline Jon

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
Re: NEW TO AIG
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:13:02 AM »
Answers in order asked.

Not yet.

It's actually recommended to load the add-on outside of P3D, and the program can handle the request.

I would recommend adding a few airlines from what ever country you live in for example the US add Delta, American and United.  And verify everything installed properly.

For some of the more exotic airlines you may have to respond to prompts as to where a file resides for the install.    Air Koryo comes to mind.

You are correct the biggest resource hit will come from the traffic at the airport you are near.   For example I haven't downloaded many of the Southeast Asian airlines as I don't fly there so why download airlines and the associated paints I'll never see in sim.
To Err is Human, to Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy.

A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton