Author Topic: Looks like we're becoming a minority  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
Looks like we're becoming a minority
« on: January 12, 2021, 12:49:52 PM »
See the screen attached (*)

(*) Navigaraph recent poll's results
FS AI Enthusiast since 2002

I7-9900k@5.0 Stable OC,  RTX2080Ti, 32GB RAM W10Pro
P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
Re: Looks like we're becoming a minority
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 12:58:34 PM »
thats the reason AIGTech isworking on solutions for MSFS, so when you ever will swich you get your AI Traffic  ;D

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 01:57:48 PM »
Is that the results of the poll from a few months ago? If so where did you get to see the results? I took that poll and would like to see the full results.

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain

P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Dimon

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »
Personally, I see nothing threatening to the P3D gang. I, myself, switched from FS2004 to P3D in spring on 2015 - don't regret a second about my decision to delay the transition and skip FSX entirely. 

P3D V4.5HF2

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2021, 02:03:09 PM »
Personally, I see nothing threatening to the P3D gang. I, myself, switched from FS2004 to P3D in spring on 2015 - don't regret a second about my decision to delay the transition and skip FSX entirely.

I skipped FSX also. I went from FS9 to P3D v4. I am on v5.1 now and as long as Microsoft has no AI I am sticking with P3D.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 02:13:13 PM by Saturn_29 »

Offline Toohigh

• Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2021, 06:42:02 AM »
I dont think that such polls are representative.

I still use FS9 and didnt participate on the poll.

Offline Anthony Fokker

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2021, 09:26:38 AM »
I would have "upgraded" to MS2020 if there was AI-traffic. Personally I think there should be more urgency in adding it to the simulator.

Anthony

Offline chasensfo

• Turbine Captain
  • Ahoy there
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2021, 10:25:43 AM »
What good is AI traffic when the in-game ATC is garbage? AI traffic is nice and all, but if you really want to fly offline with "real" traffic, then ATC can't just be telling everyone to "continue as planned" and flying you into mountains. I won't use FS2020 for anything but GA VFR flying until they re-do the ATC engine, most AI models are converted, an ADEX like program allows for coding proper AI parking at airports, and there are plenty of high quality payware planes. It just feels like a very good looking arcade game at the moment, but the Carenado planes fly way better than the default, so it shows promise. I still think it'll take at least 2 years before all that I mentioned is completed, we'll see.

But really in this graph, P3Dv4\5 should be one big bar, which will be about as long as MSFS. I have a good CPU but a 4GB GPU, so I can't run P3Dv5, but P3Dv4 runs well and I stick with it. P3Dv4\5 are still both modern P3D, and as such, the platform is still very much alive. I am actually quite honestly shocked that so many simmers have uninstalled P3D\X-Plane for FS2020. Really, you're satisfied with that? LOL
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 07:49:30 AM by chasensfo »

Offline Stef1888

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2021, 02:02:30 PM »
What good is AI traffic when the in-game ATC is garbage? AI traffic is nice and all, but if you really want to fly offline with "real" traffic, then ATC can't just be telling everyone to "continue as planned" and flying you into mountains. I won't use FS2020 for anything but GA VFR flying until they re-do the ATC engine, most AI models are converted, an ADEX like program allows for coding proper AI parking at airports, and there are plenty of high quality payware planes. It just feels like a very looking arcade game at the moment, but the Carenado planes fly way better than the default, so it shows promise. I still think it'll take at least 2 years before all that I mentioned is completed, we'll see.

But really in this graph, P3Dv4\5 should be one big bar, which will be about as long as MSFS. I have a good CPU but a 4GB GPU, so I can't run P3Dv5, but P3Dv4 runs well and I stick with it. P3Dv4\5 are still both modern P3D, and as such, the platform is still very much alive. I am actually quite honestly shocked that so many simmers have uninstalled P3D\X-Plane for FS2020. Really, you're satisfied with that? LOL

This sums it up for me perfectly... I have nothing further to add m'lord  :D ;D ::thumbsup::

Offline Kaiii3

• AIG Technic
  • Command Captain
    • Kai's AFD Studio
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2021, 02:57:45 PM »
I dont think that such polls are representative.

I still use FS9 and didnt participate on the poll.

These polls help developers to decide on their future development, so it is actualvery important and as many as possible users should take part to get a clear picture.

I would have "upgraded" to MS2020 if there was AI-traffic. Personally I think there should be more urgency in adding it to the simulator.

Anthony

Incomplete SDK, regualr updates that break stuff, the list goes on... For AIG I can tell you we are as fast as we can be :stirpot:

Offline chasensfo

• Turbine Captain
  • Ahoy there
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2021, 07:48:40 AM »
Incomplete SDK, regualr updates that break stuff, the list goes on.. For AIG I can tell you we are as fast as we can be :stirpot:
Seeing how in the year or so leading up to release, Microsoft was adamant about making the game as accessible to developers as possible from the start, it's hilarious how terrible the SDK is. They just HAD to get it out by Christmas.  :)

Offline FlyTweety

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2021, 01:01:25 PM »
Incomplete SDK, regualr updates that break stuff, the list goes on.. For AIG I can tell you we are as fast as we can be :stirpot:

The very most concerning for me is that the Dev Roadmap report AI improvements at the wishlist as not even started and stored anywherere in  the Backlog..
This simply means for me that users shouldn´t even think about getting a Traffic SDK before 2022.
Even more concerning, AI Traffic is close connectet to the ATC, i want MS/ASOBO to get rid of a System, that control the path of the Userplane but not of the AI. And vice versa.
Never i want to follow an AI Plane in 1000ft distance ending in a Go Arround for one of us..
So both SDK´s have to be developed together because ATC Dev´s (which are hopefuly out there) need even full control over User AND AI Traffic

Offline tfkdougal

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2021, 01:55:34 PM »
It really depends on what you want. I flew from Gatwick to Maderia on FS2020 yesterday with a freeware Gatwick better than a lot of P3D payware sceneries.. in the modded A320. For me the graphics are so much better it is worth not having ai traffic at the moment especially since there is hardly any in the real word atm anyway