Author Topic: Looks like we're becoming a minority  (Read 1877 times)

Offline drpilot900

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • Doug's Flights of Fancy
Re: Looks like we're becoming a minority
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 04:46:07 PM »
It's worth not having ai traffic at the moment
Blasphemy!! Such language!!  :o

;) :D
I say "If your not having fun why bother?"

My repaints and other stuff available at: Doug's Flights of Fancy

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 06:53:47 PM »
AI users have always been a minority in the FS environment. And MSFS have not changed that! But at least MSFS brought a lot of users into the flightsim world, which is actually a great thing. Being one who streams and have been doing it before MSFS was released I do remember the number of streamers playing MSFS when it was released. Around 200K was the average number watching on the first days after release. Today (14 Jan 2021, around 5 months after release) we are at 923 viewers, and some of them are watching FSX, P3D or XP. So that says a lot about the number who are interested in it now. It's gone quite a lot down, mainly because of the bugs and the good visuals, but lack of almost everything else. So yeah..
Regards

Johan Clausen

Offline chrisjake

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2021, 09:53:31 PM »
If I may chime in here with my opinions of the different sims..

I was a satisfied P3Dv4 user for years, then my old system crashed and I had to make a decision...repair it and reinstall P3Dv4 with the seemingly thousands of add-ons I had, or upgrade my system and take a look at MSFS.  The thought of reinstalling everything just to get back to where I was, was daunting, and the main reason I hadn't looked at MSFS yet at the time was the lack of AI.    So I made the decision to upgrade my system and add enough space to keep the option open of installing both MSFS and P3D.     I installed MSFS first just to see what it was all about, and WOW.   Long story short - I have not reinstalled P3D and I wont be going back.   

MSFS is simply stunning.   Sure, the AI sucks, but the scenery and realism more than make up for it.  Plus, its constantly updated and is a perpetual work in progress.  It will only get better.    Now, its far from perfect and there are issues but my own personal opinion is that so far the pro's far outweigh the con's.    I haven't given AI much thought as I've spent 90% of my time flying low-n-slow, mostly bush flying in BC and Idaho...and I had never done any bush flying in any previous flightsim.  Its that good.    I see in the forums here that AI for MSFS is being worked on, and when that happens MSFS will be  ::surprise::
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 10:00:38 PM by chrisjake »

Offline mottoth

• Command Captain
  • Amadeus guru
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2021, 12:53:29 AM »
MSFS is simply stunning.   Sure, the AI sucks, but the scenery and realism more than make up for it.  Plus, its constantly updated and is a perpetual work in progress.  It will only get better.    Now, its far from perfect and there are issues but my own personal opinion is that so far the pro's far outweigh the con's.    I haven't given AI much thought as I've spent 90% of my time flying low-n-slow, mostly bush flying in BC and Idaho...and I had never done any bush flying in any previous flightsim.  Its that good.    I see in the forums here that AI for MSFS is being worked on, and when that happens MSFS will be  ::surprise::
I already gave my opinion but can't agree more with you. MSFS is the future of flighsimming, whatever the rough start.
I quit FS9 back in 2013 after an hardware failure, just hadn't the motivation to build a new install from scratch.. Waited more than 7 years for a good successor of FS9/FSX so I can wait a bit longer for Asobo to fix what's needed. Then, sooner or later, the native MSFS AI model will roll out, liveries will follow, the FDEs will be tamed.. and of course AIG will eventually release OCI for MSFS.. it's just a matter of time and until then I'm enjoying VFR and bush trips for the first time ever in a sim.

I feel really sorry for all those that can't make MSFS work, I never had serious trouble with it even in dev mode. I've already spent hundreds of hours using the SDK for airport design and never experienced all issues that the folks are complaining at FSDeveloper..
Regards, Yohann.

Offline Airik3333

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2021, 02:56:49 PM »
  I installed MSFS first just to see what it was all about, and WOW.   Long story short - I have not reinstalled P3D and I wont be going back. 

My system recently crashed also.. I did a full windows reinstall.. I had both P3d 5.1 and MSFS on the system...I used them both.. When my system crashed I decided to stick with P3D 5.1.. I have yet to reinstall MSFS.. Without quality add on airliners I'm not that interested.. I'm a HUGE PMDG 737 guy and without that plane MSFS is not a quality platform for me.. When they add the PMDG 737 - I will be all in..