Author Topic: P3D V4 Rz Rudder axis in Joystick calibration/settings  (Read 341 times)

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
P3D V4 Rz Rudder axis in Joystick calibration/settings
« on: January 16, 2021, 10:01:51 PM »
Hi guys, how we all doing?

I am trying to calibrate my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick and I can get the elevator and yoke working perfectly but when I try and calibrate the Rudder axis instead of Z axis it gives me Rz axis. To give you an idea of my Axis settings I have taken a screenshot. I have also made sure that auto rudder is switched off and I have calibrate the joystick in windows it's self and even that is picking up my Z axis when i twist my joystick left and right. I have no idea what's going on. Is it possible that Z axis is assigned to something else? How do i check what Axis is assigned to what to stop these conflicts? As I said absolutely fine with the elevator and Aileron axis, even the slider on my joystick works perfectly fine, the only headache is the Rudder Axis.  I have a paid version of FSUPIC and I am getting the same results in that.  It's as if P3D can't read my Z axis for some reason.

In Calibration its self in P3D when I click on "Options, Controls, Calibration"  and calibrate my joystick The Rudder axis doesn't move at all when i twist my joystick left and right but the Rz axis moves. When i push my joystick forward and back the yoke on the plane works perfectly, same when i move my joystick left and right, but when i TWIST my joystick for the Rudder pedals, everything is dead, no movement at all.

I have changed USB ports I have done everything i can before making this post.  I have also checked that Enable Controllers in P3D is ticked and it is so I am really at a loss why i can't get rudder pedals moving. Out of curiosity, in key assignments what command is rudder pedals? I have a feeling I am overlooking something, as I said my Elevator and Allieron trim work fine just getting the rudder pedals is a headache. I have spent three days now on this.

Say for example I am in the Qualitywings 787. When I press the 0 key on the number pad i get movement in the left rudder and when I press Enter on the Number pad I get movement in the right rudder. I checked the settings in Assignments and nothing is selected for these, why is it doing this?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:07:41 PM by Musician_89 »
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.

Offline Musician_89

• Turbine Captain
Re: P3D V4 Rz Rudder axis in Joystick calibration/settings
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 10:27:41 PM »
Hi guys, how we all doing?

I am trying to calibrate my Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick and I can get the elevator and yoke working perfectly but when I try and calibrate the Rudder axis instead of Z axis it gives me Rz axis. To give you an idea of my Axis settings I have taken a screenshot. I have also made sure that auto rudder is switched off and I have calibrate the joystick in windows it's self and even that is picking up my Z axis when i twist my joystick left and right. I have no idea what's going on. Is it possible that Z axis is assigned to something else? How do i check what Axis is assigned to what to stop these conflicts? As I said absolutely fine with the elevator and Aileron axis, even the slider on my joystick works perfectly fine, the only headache is the Rudder Axis.  I have a paid version of FSUPIC and I am getting the same results in that.  It's as if P3D can't read my Z axis for some reason.

In Calibration its self in P3D when I click on "Options, Controls, Calibration"  and calibrate my joystick The Rudder axis doesn't move at all when i twist my joystick left and right but the Rz axis moves. When i push my joystick forward and back the yoke on the plane works perfectly, same when i move my joystick left and right, but when i TWIST my joystick for the Rudder pedals, everything is dead, no movement at all.

I have changed USB ports I have done everything i can before making this post.  I have also checked that Enable Controllers in P3D is ticked and it is so I am really at a loss why i can't get rudder pedals moving. Out of curiosity, in key assignments what command is rudder pedals? I have a feeling I am overlooking something, as I said my Elevator and Allieron trim work fine just getting the rudder pedals is a headache. I have spent three days now on this.

Say for example I am in the Qualitywings 787. When I press the 0 key on the number pad i get movement in the left rudder and when I press Enter on the Number pad I get movement in the right rudder. I checked the settings in Assignments and nothing is selected for these, why is it doing this? I should add, when i load the default plane up at the default airport the rudder pedals work fine on that but on the qualitywings 787 it doesn't work. I am going to try the same on the Aerosoft Airbus A320  tomorrow and see if it is a fault with the 787 which i think it is, as default planes work fine with the joystick.
Please forgive if me i post something "stupid" I am autistic so certain things are harder for me.