Main Menu

Fltsim errors in AIM

Started by RayP, May 27, 2021, 12:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayP

When I select Fltsim Errors in AIM the Texture field has error against it. If I hover over the field it displays the name of the missing file.

The problem is the whole filename that is missing is not visible. Can this be corrected please?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

need to check, cause the filename is inside the tooltip and the size of it is calculated by windows directly

RayP

Quote from: Kaiii3 on May 27, 2021, 01:31:17 PM
need to check, cause the filename is inside the tooltip and the size of it is calculated by windows directly

Understood but if the tooltip method prevents the full name being displayed another method is needed. Having to guess what file is missing can be tricky.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

what model are you checking? I never hat the problem that the filename was to long

RayP

Quote from: Kaiii3 on May 27, 2021, 05:55:51 PM
what model are you checking? I never hat the problem that the filename was to long

Flight sim computer off at present but could the resolution be a factor? 3840*2160. Are you running a lower one?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

I am running 1920*1080 atm, but on my surface (3000*2000) no problems as well...

RayP

I'll drop my resolution to 1920*1980 and report back.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

Having checked at 1920*1080 and 3840*2160 the whole filename but excluding the extension is shown in both resolutions. Have you omitted the extension because of the limited window size?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

have removed the extension, because for the texture we can only match the filename since P3D can load both BMP and DDS to any SimObject.

RayP

Hi Kaiii3. That's fine. All missing textures now found and copied to relevant folders. I now have a 100% clean AIG install.  ::cheers::
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

perfect :) - yeah some lightmaps are missing, we try to get the paints updated