Author Topic: Gate or Ramp?  (Read 370 times)

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
Gate or Ramp?
« on: June 13, 2021, 11:44:42 AM »
Do charter airlines like Ultimate Jetcharters or KlasJet park at a terminal gate? Or on a ramp where biz jets park? What about sports charter planes?

Offline Dominato83

• AIG Dispatch Beta Tester
  • Command Captain
    • The AI Biz Jet Project
Re: Gate or Ramp?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 12:16:51 PM »
UJC parks at GA FBOs for their flights.  No idea about KlasJet.  Sports charters vary, but most park at a GA ramp if the ramp can fit the size of aircraft.

Offline Saturn_29

• Command Captain
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »
UJC parks at GA FBOs for their flights.  No idea about KlasJet.  Sports charters vary, but most park at a GA ramp if the ramp can fit the size of aircraft.

Thanks. I never know what to put in the cfg file for the atc_parking_types= line. Or where to put them in AFCAD's.

Offline Big777jet

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 01:23:38 PM »
Use AFCAD or ADE for GATE  make it up airline code change from DAL to DLC or DAC  Delta Airlines Charter flight only. You could edit aircraft.cfg change edit and AFCAD or ADE change airline code parking you want to.

I usually code BBJ0 for general business jet, charter sports, and, government jet.. etc.  I use GATE = BBJ0   it is easier for me to this in my sim. 

Stuart

Offline Dave YVRATC

• Command Captain
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2021, 04:50:25 PM »
It doesn't matter so much if you select Gate or Ramp for any of them, it's more about the code that you use.

Offline Per Ardua Ad Ars

• Senior Captain
  • C208B-LET410-B1900-DH8C-PA34-PC12, B200 & DA42
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2021, 08:41:32 AM »
Carriers that provide charter services would very seldom park at a gate, unless they were companies that provided aircraft at short notice to major carriers (thinking here of Titan and SmartLynx etc).

I'd personally always code them RAMP, and I also tend to code non-contact gates at airports as RAMP. This makes airliners coded GATE favor contact stands (gates with jetways, basically) and only use remote stands when all the terminal gates are full. You can still push some airliners to RAMP spots by coding either the RAMP spots with airline codes (so that regional aircraft, CRJs and Dashes, would go there first) or the airliners (the same CRJs and Dashes) as RAMP. Leaving a few of those RAMP spots uncoded then gets the charter companies parking out there or over on a GA ramp elsewhere at a push.

It's not "the" solution, but I've used it happily for years in FS9.
Idealogically suspect religious arrogance exterminates life.
Terrorism is the war of the poor, and war is the terrorism of the rich. Ustinov.
The sadly-mortal George Carlin on soft language