Main Menu

[SOLVED] Update 4.1.0 stuck at load airports

Started by Seat7A, October 01, 2021, 07:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiii3

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 08:23:10 AM
any second error log with the same timestamp?

I found these crash report , do you mention these or not

data63

don't know if it's relevant but starting TC with the selection P3DV4 it creates an add-on.xml in c:/user/username/Documents/AIG Traffic Controller/ with an entry: <CommandLine>-P3DV1</CommandLine>
Happy Landings ;-)

Kaiii3

Quote from: data63 on October 02, 2021, 10:21:10 AM
don't know if it's relevant but starting TC with the selection P3DV4 it creates an add-on.xml in c:/user/username/Documents/AIG Traffic Controller/ with an entry: <CommandLine>-P3DV1</CommandLine>

yeah thats could be the issue ;D

Kaiii3

Quote from: data63 on October 02, 2021, 10:21:10 AM

Try the new EXE and remove before the invalid XML

dubster231

same outcome again, the app is going to background process. ram usage still continue %95 or more and nothing happened 
I remove TC files and xml, run program admin rights

koala

just for info, even with the latest exe from the post above it's still very slow on my end.

almost 6 minutes to launch TC, all works fine for me, but just super slow (sometimes it was even slower than that and i ended up killing the process like the gentlemen posting issues with the loading since v0.4), i think the previous version launched almost instantly.

is it really necessary to check all the p3d scenery at every start of TC ? For people barely changing their scenery files it's a bit sad to have to wait every single time for all those checks.

in the log more than 5 minutes between these 2 lines
   Check scenery files
Load AIGFP Data

Would it be possible to add an option where we could disable that checking on every start (and then just launch the checking manually if we want via a button if we make scenery changes or want to refresh the scenery data) ? I think it would be a lot less penalizing. Well obviously if that internal checking is mandatory at every start then the option would not be possible. You know like in little nav map, there is an option to rebuild the data from the scenery but that's done 'on demand' and not everytime we launch the tool (just on the first launch it's automatic).

Anyway just an idea, we for sure appreciate your immense work on this through the years  ::cheers::

dubster231

I had been wait more than 1 hour,  Are there any way to return back old version until problem reach a solution

Kaiii3

if the cache is done the process should just take a few seconds.

AIGTC will only read bgl files that have changed after the last time the cache was created. Can you run the tool multiple times and check if the loading times is different and if the cache is always recreated

data63

TC takes long time and an incredible amount of RAM scanning ALL *.bgl files in the scenery library.
it takes veeeery long scanning large MESH or photo-Scenery files - RAM usage going way up (for me to a max >12GB)

doesn't look that bad (RAM wise) on second start (from P3D add-ons.cfg) - but still takes very long

btw: GREAT SUPPORT!! ::party::
Happy Landings ;-)

Kaiii3

Quote from: data63 on October 02, 2021, 11:28:57 AM
doesn't look that bad (RAM wise) on second start (from P3D add-ons.cfg) - but still takes very long

whats "long"?

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 11:33:45 AM

whats "long"?

For second run, more than hour for me and still continue,
The program interface never open

Kaiii3

Quote from: dubster231 on October 02, 2021, 11:36:39 AM

whats "long"?

how big are your BIN files in the cache?

dubster231

Quote from: Kaiii3 on October 02, 2021, 11:44:27 AM
Quote from: dubster231 on October 02, 2021, 11:36:39 AM

whats "long"?

how big are your BIN files in the cache?
App stuck  again I will check when able
I Have 16 gb vram