Main Menu

[SOLVED] AIG TC looking for uninstalled P3Dv4

Started by RayP, September 08, 2021, 09:55:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kaiii3

based on the logs AIGTC is actual starting fine, what kind of error message actual appears? CMD window?

RayP

Quote from: Kaiii3 on September 08, 2021, 04:29:12 PM
based on the logs AIGTC is actual starting fine, what kind of error message actual appears? CMD window?

A .NET window appears but only for a few seconds. There's a reference to cameras.cfg in P3Dv4\add-on folder missing. I'll do a screen grab tomorrow. It's like it's trying to connect to v4 but then the error message disappears and it successfully connects to v5 and AIGTC minimises to the Taskbar.

It's the attempt to connect to a non-existent sim that's the baffling bit. That's why I asked if you read Registry entries to determine what versions were installed. Maybe my 'dummy' P3Dv4 entry is responsible?
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

Kaiii, a little more info. I installed v5 back in March and have used that version all the time. I haven't touched AIG TC in ages. When AIGTC is launched I never saw a prompt for the version of P3D. It ran without any error message appearing.

It's only when I uninstalled v4 yesterday that this error started. And although it does eventually connect to v5 it seems to want to connect to v4 first.

I've looked at all the .config files but none seem to show which version of P3D it should connect to.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3

can you check the evenview of windows for any potential error entry?

RayP

Hi Kaiii,

Here's the .NET error message plus two errors related to AiLightsReborn which may or may not be related.

Faulting application name: FSRebornConfigChecker.exe, version: 1.35.0.0, time stamp: 0xbff39f90
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1151, time stamp: 0x891df6d3
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034ed9
Faulting process ID: 0x34fc
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7a5598f2a611f
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AI Lights Reborn Professional Edition\FSRebornConfigChecker.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report ID: dba1d9be-3a5b-410f-aafc-96f5004d18b6
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Application: FSRebornConfigChecker.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ObjectDisposedException
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.CreateHandle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.get_Handle()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.FocusActiveControlInternal()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.SetVisibleCore(Boolean)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Application+ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32, System.Windows.Forms.ApplicationContext)
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.OnRun()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.DoApplicationModel()
   at Microsoft.VisualBasic.ApplicationServices.WindowsFormsApplicationBase.Run(System.String[])
   at EkiJ8Ge75atj4NKQpm.J0x7MQrhggJFjT7Tbd.J0xr7MQhg(System.String[])

I hope that helps shed some light on the problem.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

It's definitely a AiLights Reborn problem as I get the same error when opening that program and no sim can be selected from the drop-down. I've posted on their AvSim forum.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/606733-error-after-p3dv4-was-uninstalled/

Sorry to have wasted your time Kaiii. Once this problem is sorted I'm sure AIGTC will be fine.
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

RayP

Ai Lights Reborn looks in the Registry for installed versions of P3D. My hack for v4 has caused issues for it. I have posted about it on AvSim with a suggested work-around.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/606747-vertx-da62-in-v5-and-ai-lights-reborn-problem/?tab=comments#comment-4617145

Just save that P3Dv4 Registry entry to a file, then delete the entry and only run the .reg file to reinstate the entry whenever you want to use the Vertx DA62 Utility program. For all other situations remove it and it keeps AILR and AIG TC happy.

Feel free to mark this as SOLVED.  readytogo
Cheers,
Ray (Cheshire, England)

Kaiii3