Main Menu

[SOLVED] "Select FS Version" Issue

Started by jad0761, February 25, 2022, 06:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jad0761

Hi Team,

It seems like I am now able to use the Manager without the FS Version issue, but now when I've finally gotten my flightplans installed and went to go load up traffic controller, I get hit with the Select FS Version issue for this tool.

Logs are attached. MSFS 2020 Steam on D drive.

Was really looking forward to finally being able to use this great product so hopefully there is a way to get it working. Thanks!

Kaiii3

TC is using the same way to detect MSFS as AIM. How did you solve it with AIM?

jad0761

I must admit that the way I resolved it is somehow being able to run it but I'm pretty sure it was not as an admin user. It automatically detected MSFS and loaded in and lets me do everything. When I try to run AIM as admin User I also get the "Select FS Version" screen and am not able to go any further in the process. Granted I just tried to load AIM (as I did last night) and I can't seem to coax it to let me into the program any longer.

Pretty sure this isn't an intended "fix" to my issue and more than likely a bug perhaps? I was really excited that I got it to load and had a chance to have this great product populating my sim's skies. I recall a few weeks back a thread on AIM and trying to fix the Select FS Version for some users but don't know where that left off.

Kaiii3

where is your usercfg.opt file of MSFS located?

jad0761

C:\Users\jacob\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator is where my userconfig.opt file is located

Kaiii3

AIGTech tools are looking in: C:\Users\brian

do you have multiple accounts on your system?

jad0761

Kaiii3

your account set to admin or the other one?

jad0761

The other one is the admin account (since it's not my primary computer)

Kaiii3

ok, that is causing issues at the moment. A fix for this is on our todo list.

jad0761

Thanks Kaiii3 for the info! Glad to hear a potential fix is in the card for the future.

Kaiii3

for now, workaround would be (if you can) to make you account admin

jad0761

Making my account Admin worked like a charm - thanks for the workaround suggestion (and luckily the owner of the computer let me do that!)