Author Topic: What a trip.  (Read 562 times)

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
What a trip.
« on: November 18, 2008, 12:45:09 AM »
We left Ranong by boat on thursday at around 18:00, arrived back in Ranong about 21:00. Preben the boss had forgotten the regulator for the air compressor to charge the bottles. Most of us were not divers but most of the non divers tried a bit of snorkelling. We got down to the Similan Islands about 10:00 friday morning. Wow what colours the pictures on those wild life programmes don't do it justice. Also I saw a sailfish leap from the water. Not a very big one but still very impressive. Absolutely beautiful scenery. Probably the worst point was coming back yesterday. We stopped to buy some fish from a Thai trawler. The size of the fish was ridiculous, you could not have stick your thumb through the mesh. They also had a Bull shark on board. I suppose at least they kept the whole thing and not just the fins. Nasty sharks those, one was found up the Amazon in Peru  ::surprise::. Would I go again? You bet!
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Ben

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Ops | Flightplanner | Private Pilot
Re: What a trip.
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 02:31:36 PM »
Welcome back Steve! Sounds like you had a great trip. :)

Offline mgc1968

• Turbine 2nd Officer
Sitting still finally,for a day or 2.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 06:15:56 AM »
Just got my feet back on the ground in ABQ after a 3 day trip to DFW for some dispatcher training....was on AAL 885 ABQ-DFW Tuesday night on ship N7539A...returned tonight on AAL885 on another Mad-Dawg,never got a chance to get her number...anyone from AAL here that can get it?Both in fine shape, in-flight music courtesy Pratt&Whitney!

Mike

Offline mottoth

• Senior Captain
  • Amadeus guru
Re: What a trip.
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 04:13:07 PM »
Hey Steve, what's going on in Thailand ? AP now claims that they were riots today in Bangkok while VTBS is closed to departures due to protests at the airport.
I hope things will not turn too bad. Btw I've planned a trip in the Krabi area (Railay, Lanta, Phi-Phi, maybe Phuket) in mid january :)
Regards, Yohann.