Main Menu

Gantt chart suggestion

Started by threegreens, August 22, 2023, 12:21:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threegreens

I like to do some plane spotting by playing with the simulator day/time.  The Gantt chart associated to a given airline shows a timeline starting (I think) at the current time and extending in 24-hour blocks.

I think it would be useful to display the dates above the timeline.. like a cherry on an already delicious cake  :)

Jon

To Err is Human, to Forgive is Divine. Neither of Which is SAC Policy.

A good plan violently executed right now is far better than a perfect plan executed next week.
George S. Patton

threegreens

Not really.
If I am not mistaken, AI Companion (which is great) lists the traffic already injected.  What I am after is a preview of the traffic (from Gantt charts) which WILL be injected if I set the proper simulator day/time.
Thanks for your reply anyway.

johanfrc

I'm pretty sure it was discussed internally but was decided against, as it would make the loading time extremely long. Imagine a program have to go through around 1500 files to find out exactly what is at one airport at one specific time. It will require a lot of loading for the program to do.

We have some internal program that include the gnatt feature and I.e for an airline like Southwest we can talk about 5-7 minutes of loading before it just showed the individual planes and their schedule. Not even what is at I.e. Minneapolis at this specific time. Not ideal for the average user and the reason why we have decided against it.
Regards

Johan Clausen

mnahas

Quote from: threegreens on August 23, 2023, 12:22:20 AMNot really.
If I am not mistaken, AI Companion (which is great) lists the traffic already injected.  What I am after is a preview of the traffic (from Gantt charts) which WILL be injected if I set the proper simulator day/time.
Thanks for your reply anyway.

AI Companion has a tool for this. Just click on Analyzer text. It´s in the Airport View tab:

You cannot view this attachment.

threegreens

Thanks for the tip!  This one is news to me.