Author Topic: "Virtual AI Airlines"- Thoughts?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
Re: "Virtual AI Airlines"- Thoughts?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 11:56:29 AM »
I rather liked BWA too... to crush in AE  :stirpot:

I wasn't so great at AE.. I did Airline Mogul for a while, was slightly better at that. Got quite a good long haul airline going at one stage. I seem to remember being #2 at Heathrow in AE at one stage too.

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2008, 01:50:01 PM »
Here's my amateur airline - with an outlandish retro-inspired scheme! (Plus I love logojets)

To go from Victoria in South Africa.
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2008, 03:56:47 PM »
On this subject, do any of you "run" or "fly" these VA's on here:

www.fsairlines.net.

It gives your flights a bit more purpose! I've only been on here for 6 months or so, under the guise of Norwegian Express, although I hub out of Milan and Rome!! It's quite good fun being your own airline boss. Plus you can set a conversion factor on your cost / profit line to ensure you don't run at a loss!

Rob

Offline f14driver

• Turbine 2nd Officer
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2008, 07:24:37 PM »
WOAI has it's own company jet flying around in the sim.  :D
Not available in any package but it flies between the home airports of the admins and testers working at WOAI as well as our spring hideout in spain  ;D

Offline md11forever

• AI Pirate. Yaaarr!
  • Command Captain
  • I've moved on to FSX
    • My Photos on Flickr!
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 06:42:43 AM »
Just wanted to post some screenies of my KMKE-based LCC which uses exclusively Airbus A320's. My whole concept was to use a standard "base" livery and modifiy it to give each aircraft its own unique look, somewhat similar to what Frontier does. I wanted a somewhat-cheery, colorful livery that would theoretically turn heads if seen in the real world.
I wasn't entirely happy with the "butterFLY" name at first, but it did grow on me and turned into (what I think) would be a good marketing tool if this were a real airline. You'll find when looking at the photos below that I also went logojet-happy. I figured that a Milwaukee-based airline would possibly try to showcase Milwaukee area, and Wisconsin attractions and sports teams. So, you'll find all of MIlwaukee's major league sports teams represented (save for the NHL Admirals); along with Summerfest (a week-long music festival); The Milwaukee Mile raceway; and the Green Bay Packers (I grudgingly painted this one!). Also, I did an autism awareness jet in honor of a family friend; and a Wisconsin Dairy/Cheese jet (Tony will certainly like this one). Oh, and a Harley-Davidson logojet, honoring that MIlwaukee-based motorcycle manufacturer.

This project was great fun, and allowed me to mess around with some concepts and ideas- this airline now has flightplans and is flitting about my virtual skies.  ::party::
Best part about this was that none of it had to make total sense- the sim is my little world and is free of many real-life constraints.  8)

(by the way, I had my race jet finished before Emirates unveiled thier latest F1-theme jet!!!)
George Widener

Now Rockin' FSX via Alienware

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 02:11:21 PM »
Very nice George! Those look like they took some time to do, and the whole idea was well thought out with the branding etc. It's a lot of fun landing at that particular hub and looking at your own airline and it's fleet...makes one feel like Sir Richard Branson (but without all the money) ::ashamed:: I guess you also had to modify afcads and parking codes but it's worth it.. ::cheers::

Frank

Offline dsaddons

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • dsaddons
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2009, 04:18:05 PM »
 ::surprise:: ::surprise:: ::surprise:: ::surprise::  Those are great!  I love the idea on doing a lot special liveries, especially for sports teams.  Would you mind sending those to me? :)

Maximilian

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2009, 04:31:40 PM »
Would you mind sending those to me?  :)

And to me too!  :)

Offline Maestro69

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2009, 02:46:38 AM »
I rather liked BWA too... to crush in AE  :stirpot:

I wasn't so great at AE.. I did Airline Mogul for a while, was slightly better at that. Got quite a good long haul airline going at one stage. I seem to remember being #2 at Heathrow in AE at one stage too.

No offence to AM, but i think my dog with its limited training couple do well in AM, considering how that game works  ::jerry::

Offline summersa74

• Prop Captain
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2009, 01:22:53 PM »
Would you mind sending those to me?  :)

And to me too!  :)

You can add me to the list.  I was working on my own until my hard drive decided to corrupt everything. :nuke:

Offline md11forever

• AI Pirate. Yaaarr!
  • Command Captain
  • I've moved on to FSX
    • My Photos on Flickr!
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »
Thank you everyone for the kind words. :) I am thinking that perhaps I will upload these to Avsim some time in the near future as a package, repaints, flightplans, call sign, etc..
If I decide to do so I will certainly let everyone know.
George Widener

Now Rockin' FSX via Alienware

Offline dsaddons

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • dsaddons
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2009, 02:01:10 AM »
Sounds good

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2009, 03:09:38 AM »
George,

You missed the most important logo jet...the South Park Butters jet. :)  Those are some nice paints!  I have thought about this idea, but usually reality sets in that I can't even paint by numbers.
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2009, 06:07:53 AM »
I can't even paint a wall  :D
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Лазербик

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System Team
    • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2009, 08:39:46 PM »
Sometimes when I'm seeing news on separatist countries who are unrecognised, because I am crazy and always thinking on planes, I start to think, "if these countries becomes official, what will their airlines looks like?" And then because I am even more crazy, I decide to paint this. ;D

So before I know, I'm end up making liveries for such nations as Transnistria, Abkhazia, South Ossetia, and the SADR. Of course without flightplans, this is just for show.

PS, I don't mean any political opinions with these paints, only curiosity, because I love exotic liveries. ;)
Enzo Soliani  |  Энцо Солиани  |  ソリアーニ・エンゾ

Russian AI Traffic System : Helping to bring Russia back to life!