Author Topic: Get Proper FDE Set's - AI FDE Settings Changes & Results  (Read 81600 times)

Offline Jan Martin

• Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
Re: Get Proper FDE Set's - AI FDE Settings Changes & Results
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 11:52:19 AM »
Hi Folks :)

Why don't you Shockwave enthusiasts don't start an own thread for all your Shockwave code developments?!

Regards Jan

Offline jordanal

• Turbine Captain
  • KMLB
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
Hi Jan, thanks for the FDE's and all your contributions over the years.   ::cheers::

I have a couple of questions about your FDE's before I start mass-edits to my AI.   :stirpot:

1.  Have these been tested in FSX in any way or should we expect the same peformance regardless of the FS version?
2.  Have the wing_span values already been set according to the AIG or Reggie Fields parking-specs for FSX?
3.  Are the config files a one-for-one swap with the exception of the fltsim.x entries?
Regards,
Al Jordan
-------
Proud Supporter:  AIG, FSUIPC, PMDG, HiFi-Sim, PFPX/TopCAT, FSDT, FlyTampa, FBStudios, GEX, UTX

Offline Jan Martin

• Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 03:42:41 PM »
Hi jordanal :)

It's up to all FSX users to test the upcoming FDE sets in FSX. The correct wingspan values will be new, just some sort of courtesy for you. My previous developments did not have correct wing span values, I personally don't care about FSX. You must always replace both *.cfg and *.air file, additionally you have to replace the [fltsim.#] entries, of course.

Regards Jan

Offline Mike...

• Command Captain
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2009, 01:42:01 PM »
Jan, you wouldn't happen to have or know of a table/list with empty weights for "all" aircraft, would you? Since you're working on your FDE's some more, I won't install your current offerings yet, it's quite a bit of work, but I would like to get the empty weight right of smaller (regional) aircraft, so that they will land on a 6500ft runway for example. I'm interested in a table/list, because it would allow me to sort it and see immediately what would fall under the 74000/76000 rule. Airliners.net for example has great info, but not presented in a way that would help me.
Mike..

Offline titleist7897

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2009, 11:38:23 AM »
Jan,
Thanks for the updates to these FDEs. It certainly is appreciated! One question I have is if a couple issues I have will be resolved with the new updates. The first is if the contact points for the CRJ-700s is fixed as the current FDEs cause the nose to be sunk into the ground. It also came to my attention that the lighting on the CRJ-700 and the Dash 8-100 were not positioned correctly. Once again thanks for creating more realistic AI flight and I look forward to your new updates!

Mike

Offline Klemen

• AIG Dispatch Advisor
  • Command Captain
« Reply #35 on: February 24, 2009, 05:58:58 PM »
Hi Jan, have you maybe made FDEs for AIM CRJ2?

Thanks!

Area ATC | Ljubljana Radar | LJLA

Offline Jan Martin

• Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
First Batch Of v5acofadv FDE Set's
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2009, 09:09:29 AM »
Hi Folks :)

Meanwhile I've developed 80 FDE v5acofadv sets, not many, but serving 86% of my textures. The AI Aircraft Behaviour Table shows the results; I've left the numbers of the previous FDE versions for comparision.

• all FDE set's origin on 6 base FDE set's developed from MS templates
  • FDE v5acofadv sets are calibrated for @-Timetables and cruise conditions at FL180 (props) respectively FL360 (jets).
  • photographs and drawings used to achieve as real as possible lights positions and types for every aircraft
  • correct empty weights
  • correct wingspan for FSX users
  • speeds improved for all phases of flight
  • no unrealistic angle of attacks
  • climb rate oscillations during climb to point of acceleration eased in many cases
  • no more absurd climb rate increases at higher altitudes
  • improved descent and final approach flap settings
  • nose pitch oscillations at turning to ILS glide slope eased
  • no porpoising on final approach
  • touchdown behaviour improved
  • unrealistic touchdown dust effect removed
  • rollout lengthed
  • extended testing made at different airports under different field altitude conditions

Though this is a real improvement - and it was worth it to spent 100's of hours to develop the base set's -, I'm a little bit unhappy about some problems I couldn't solve without messing up other flight phases :

• more or less intense porpoising and altitude instabilities at cruise altitude
  • neurotic inflight thrust reverser activation at descent for some models
  • occasionally changing flap settings on level flights between descent and final
  • greater climb rate oscillations during climb to point of acceleration for some models

---   ---   ---

Regarding Touchdown Dust Effects

The touchdown dust effects use to wrap up the entire aircraft sometimes up to the tail top, furthermore it causes problems with dynamic gears at lift off from the runway at take off sometimes. Therefore all FDE v5acofadv sets come with deactivated touchdown dust effects. If you want them back, go to section Effects in the aircraft.cfg and change this code:
touchdown=fx_tchdwn_s, 1
to
touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1

---   ---   ---

Btw: there is a mirror of my website - as all know who read my readme's ..

Regards Jan

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2009, 09:15:50 AM »
Hi Jan,

many thanks indeed, I will spent the day with trying out what you have done. I really look forward to the lengthed rollout and I hope everything is compatible with Shockwave Lights, in any way of doing  ;)

Thanks Jan for your great effort!
Regards, Philippe

Maximilian

« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2009, 09:51:47 AM »
Thanks so much Jan! Really looking forward to install!!!  :yeah: ::cheers::

Offline Klemen

• AIG Dispatch Advisor
  • Command Captain
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
Thanks Jan, must try this today!

Area ATC | Ljubljana Radar | LJLA

Offline Mike...

• Command Captain
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2009, 11:02:38 AM »
Great package Jan, includes all models I had to change the empty weight for to get them to use 6500ft runways. Although changing the empty weight did work, I did see different aircraft behavior as well, unusually high speeds for example. This will for sure be the better option! (Of course, I'll be replacing everything, not just those models.)

::cheers::
Mike..

Offline johanfrc

• Administrator
  • Command Captain
    • JCAI
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2009, 12:42:25 PM »
Sounds good Jan. I'm going to install them tonight.
Regards

Johan Clausen

Maximilian

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2009, 02:23:56 PM »
Got 'em and Installed them! Thanks again Jan!  :welcome:

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2009, 09:37:50 PM »
I'm not satisfied until now. I've tested the FDE's for 1 1/2 hours and I saw some strange results. The DJC Jetstream 41 crashes after start, goes only up 700ft then straight down, the FMAI Bae 146-200 has a very weird approach. many wave-movements and touchdown far too early.  ::confused:: I will report some more results, i'm still testing right now.
Regards, Philippe

Offline Jan Martin

• Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
Hi EDDK :)

Sorry to read about that. Make sure, you change aircraft.cfg and *.air-file. Do you make use of any AI traffic manipulating programs for approach separation and the like? Do other models fly well?

Furthermore, it would be very helpful if you could say where you have seen unwished behaviour, ICAO, runway, and weather conditions.

Regards Jan