Author Topic: FDE & Aircraft Performance  (Read 674 times)

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
FDE & Aircraft Performance
« on: March 05, 2008, 11:54:02 PM »
I have a flyable aircraft, the An-148 from Samdim.  The plane is a joy to fly, but the climb and the turning seems to be slower than what it should be (but since the aircraft is not in service, who knows what it performs like).  What do I need to modify in the aircraft.cfg to change the climb and turning (in air only)?  The climb is very long and gradual, I cannot get it to climb like I can with other aircraft.  And when in the air and I am turning, the turns are also very long and gradual, I cannot get it to turn tighter and quicker.  Is there something in the aircraft.cfg that I can tweak or is this in the .air file?
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Offline Frentzen127

• Turbine Captain
Re: FDE & Aircraft Performance
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2008, 12:04:11 AM »
Well climb depends (as you know) on airspeed as well.
However, should you want to modify the "sensitivity" of the yoke and pitch, you might want to try these lines:
Code: [Select]
elevator_area = 70.5
aileron_area = 26.9
elevator_up_limit = 22.5
elevator_down_limit = 19.5
aileron_up_limit = 20.0
aileron_down_limit = 20.0
Tweak them so that they fit your taste. ;)

Necroposter par excellence.

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
Re: FDE & Aircraft Performance
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »
Thanks I will mess around and see what I can do.  I am taking off with the right speeds, but when I pull back on the stick, it seems to be fighting me to climb.  Hopefully some tweaking will help that.
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?