Author Topic: get here Mike Stone's Models  (Read 952 times)

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
get here Mike Stone's Models
« on: February 26, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »
I found a website where you can download all models (over 100) from Mike Stone, who closed his hangar some years ago.

Perhaps it's a new site by him, I don't know  :)

http://www.gjsmith.net/Mike-Stone/index.htm
Regards, Philippe

Offline HankyPanky

• Command Captain
Re: get here Mike Stone's Models
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:40:20 PM »
Thanks for that, Philippe  ;)

The site isn't new, but that Mike's models are now available again is good news for the community.
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM

Some are straightforward, and others are tied to mother's apron strings.. I like the straightforward ones and am in with good terms.

Nunc est bibendum ..

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 01:12:50 AM »
From what I remember before the ingratitude and bad attitude got Mike so fed up, he packed in the hobby. Was that he and GJ Smith linked to each others sites, and GJ indeed did quite a number of repaints of Mike's aircraft. I quite liked a few of Mike's aircraft, and have used his Aerostar 700 to go around the world, and I am doing the same trip in reverse now in his Dornier 328Jet.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
I saw quite a bit of the flak that Mike got in various forums, and was disgusted at some peoples attitude towards the guy. Maybe his models weren't up to the standards of POSKY etc, but he made many, many aircraft that would otherwise not be available to us. And from a personal point of view, I'm not the kind of person that gets turned on by having 100's of switches etc on my panels, so these models suited me down to the ground. I hope that Mike has not given up on the hobby as a whole, but I don't blame him for not sharing his talent anymore.

BTW, thanks for the link there's a few models on there I don't have and would be quite a treat to fly.

Rob

Offline cattz

• Command Captain
    • Longsite
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 04:26:18 PM »
I fly Mike's Saab 340 in FSX with no problems  ;D
A tired painter who tried really ought to retire!
A project very close to my heart: http://www.woolverstonewish.org.uk/

Jet lag? - Prop up your sim. www.longsite.co.uk for repaint links.

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 05:13:13 PM »
So they are UI not AI ?

F.

Offline NWADC9

• Senior Captain
  • Piper Driver
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 05:39:33 PM »
Performance-friendly UI

Offline NorthSky

• Turbine 1st Officer
    • Jetset Shirts
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 09:48:07 PM »
I've spent many happy hours flying Mike Stone's Saab 340 - it does the job just fine (especially since the FFG SF340 paintkit was so complex that no one could figure out how to paint it in Northwest Airlink colors when the updated model was released for FS9). Also - wouldn't have Bemidji Airlines flying AI traffic without Mike's Queen Airs.

Never saw why anyone would feel the need to complain about Mike's aircraft. They look great, fly well, work as AI in a pinch, and they're the right price! :) Now that he's left the hobby, I wish I'd e-mailed him a thank you for the Saab at some point.

Thanks, EDDK, for posting the link! I've just upgraded to a new computer and don't yet know if I'll be able to recover all of my FS9 files from the old computer's hard drive, so your link is much appreciated.

- Eric

Offline dsaddons

• Turbine 2nd Officer
    • dsaddons
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 08:55:48 PM »
Thank you! Much needed! ::party2::

Offline A300F70

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • //Daniel
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2009, 04:56:30 PM »
Does anyone know where to find his Il-96 model? Or does anyone know another good model for Il-96 that can be used for AI? (except from SKJ)