Author Topic: 763 - Badly in need of replacement  (Read 3647 times)

Offline philbean

• Turbine 1st Officer
763 - Badly in need of replacement
« on: February 26, 2009, 12:22:04 AM »

I've noticed everytime a new model is released, a few people hint that they'd love a new replacement for the AIA 744.

To me though (although I'd love a new 744), its the old AIA 763 which looks desperately in need of an update.

Anyone agree?

PS: and an MD11  :D

Offline E145Drvr

• Prop Captain
Re: 763 - Badly in need of replacement
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:49:20 AM »
I'll agree, however, the folks that model these wonderful, FREE AI aircraft in their FREE time are going to model what they want to model.  I'm sure deep on somebody's hard drive is a 747, 763, or MD-11, and they'll be released when they can be completed.  Thanks to AIG, TFS, CIS, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head, there are a bunch of new releases in the last few days and weeks to keep me busy for a while though!
Tim

Offline DHC8

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Just another aviation enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 01:06:55 AM »
Second that, would love to see a replacement for the aging models from AIA and PAI/FSP, like the already mentioned B747's MD11 and B763, and also maybe the Dash 8 100/200/300, B727 etc. But we'll just have to see what time brings, cuz As Tim just said these modelers model what they like and are interested in.
So just have to wait and see what might be coming our way..  :)

Many thanks to AIG, TFS, OSP, CIS, AIM, even the "discontinued" EVAi & AIA and also PAI/FSP for all your hard work nd these wonderful models throughout the years. ;)

::cheers::

Offline DanielFall

• Command Captain
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
People who think the AIA 767, 747 and 727 are in desperate need of replacement must be veeeery spoiled.. You guys should have seen what the AI scene looked like just a couple of years ago, before TFS, AIG and AIM etc.. ;)
Daniel Fall

Offline DHC8

• AIG Dispatch Painter
  • Command Captain
  • Just another aviation enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 03:54:37 PM »
OK.. But what about the FSP/PAI models, what would you have to say about those ::evilgrin::

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • Administrator
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2009, 03:56:37 PM »
OK.. But what about the FSP/PAI models, what would you have to say about those ::evilgrin::

They were an absolute godsend.
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »
OK.. But what about the FSP/PAI models, what would you have to say about those   ::evilgrin::

My AI would be very much thinner on the ground (and in the air) without them..  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2009, 04:34:24 PM »
Do you guys remember when they were first released? Boy was that ever exciting! I guess although all these new models are wonderful and no less appreciated by me...I must admit seeing those first Ai dedicated aircraft models from FSP/PAI and Aardvark was like...Well Andy put it best.."They were an absolute godsend"  ::cheers::

Frank

Offline Globus

• Command Captain
    • Endeavour AI
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2009, 04:50:06 PM »
Hi I agree with bought,l think that a replacement for the AIA 763 will be a good idea,but than on the other hand like Andy said They were an absolute godsend & they will be till a replacement will be available,anyway thanks for all the good work you're doing Andy & all at AIG have a good day.

Offline flying finn

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 05:13:37 PM »
OK.. But what about the FSP/PAI models, what would you have to say about those   ::evilgrin::

My AI would be very much thinner on the ground (and in the air) without them..  ;)
And would most likely be out of the place in Ouagadougou. None has created a matchto PAI AFCAD package. I've still got 33 AFCAD's of about 4000 made by PAI. And most of those 4000 were PAI until I've found something else.
â??Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of geniusâ??and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. â?
-E. F. Schumacher 1973

Offline Klemen

• AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2009, 06:37:34 PM »
Guys I really do not see why you need to update models which were already made (with a lot of LODS)? There are so many "AI" planes with only one or two lods available, which I think would need more attention than B763.

For example ATP plane, JS planes, MD-11 plane B747SP..

Area ATC | Ljubljana Radar | LJLA

Offline Tupolev144

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2009, 07:15:43 PM »
There are many planes which are in much more urgent need of an upgrade than the AIA 767-series. I'll mention the Antonov An-140, Fokker F-50, Douglas DC-8 series, Boeing 707 series and 747SP and the Ilyushin Il-62 and Il-96..

Please have a look at those models first Phill before you are complaining about the AIA 767.

Thank you,
Peter

Offline Sloeber

• Senior Captain
  • Get you Sh** and get out!
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »
Well...there's at least 2 versions of the Aardvark DC8..
Beam me up Scotty, there's no Intelligent life down here!

Offline philbean

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2009, 09:33:42 PM »
There are many planes which are in much more urgent need of an upgrade than the AIA 767-series. I'll mention the Antonov An-140, Fokker F-50, Douglas DC-8 series, Boeing 707 series and 747SP and the Ilyushin Il-62 and Il-96..

Please have a look at those models first Phill before you are complaining about the AIA 767

Woahhhh there!
Not complaining. Just mentioning it  ;)

I agree with you. I just think that when you look at the average ramp, the a/c you list there are quite rare whilst the 767 is still quite a common sight.

I started with FS Traffic 2004 and then PAI.. so the AIA763 is far far superior than those.. and it'll 'do'. But on an average ramp alongside the newer AIG, DJC and TFS models.. it's starting to look a bit aged.

Don't get me wrong though. Respect to all the wonderful AI modellers.  ::cheers::

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »
The latest paintkit makes the AIA 767-300 look much better... Maik did a whole load of paints on it.