Author Topic: New An-72 AI model  (Read 3141 times)

Offline ST rider

• Turbine Captain
Re: New An-72 AI model
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 09:06:58 PM »
Flightplans for most An-72/74 operators are included. Also SharInk, the airline operating RA-74015 is included in those flightplans.

thank you Peter, I just finished installing all the native plans and went out at OIII to spot some of the IAF machines, the outcome is
really nice, thanx to the modeler .. as for the tire pressure problem despite having pasted the new lines in the cfg file I had to
tweak it a bit anyway to make the plane sit nicely, for those who might want to try it out this is my modified paramater:
static_cg_height = 9.0

let me know if this works or if it's rubbish.  :)

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2009, 10:24:42 PM »
Works on my system :)

Thanks ST Rider

F.

Flightplans for most An-72/74 operators are included. Also SharInk, the airline operating RA-74015 is included in those flightplans.

thank you Peter, I just finished installing all the native plans and went out at OIII to spot some of the IAF machines, the outcome is
really nice, thanx to the modeler . as for the tire pressure problem despite having pasted the new lines in the cfg file I had to
tweak it a bit anyway to make the plane sit nicely, for those who might want to try it out this is my modified paramater:
static_cg_height = 9.0

let me know if this works or if it's rubbish.  :)
::jerry::

Offline ST rider

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 06:43:03 AM »
Works on my system 

glad to hear this Francois, did you try both settings or just went straight with the one I posted above?

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 06:59:09 AM »
It is a very nice model, I love the AN-72 series, they are really cool looking aircraft. Those over-wing mounted engines look really wicked.  ::evilgrin::

My only criticism is that the flaps do not deploy until the aircraft lines up on the active. It seems all the russian developers prefer this method than having them out during taxi. It is a shame because this bird has some cool looking flaps, would be great to have them out for taxi like all other AI aircraft. It is much more realistic.  ;)

::cheers::
ROG Rampage V Edition 10, Intel Core i7-6850K 4.6GHz (OC & Watercooled)
Corsair VLPX DDR4-3200 64GB , Samsung M2 960 PRO 2TB, SanDisk 1TBx2 (RAID 0)
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (2xSLI & Watercooled), Asus ROG PG348Q, TM HOTAS Warthog
Caselabs Merlin SM8, Corsair AX1500i, Win 10 Pro 64Bit, P3D Version 4

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
I think we've had this discussion before, and the result was something like 'Russian pilots don't extend the flaps until the runway' or something?

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2009, 11:25:03 AM »
I think we've had this discussion before, and the result was something like 'Russian pilots don't extend the flaps until the runway' or something?

Yeah, it was talked about with regards to the AN-225 and IL-86. But in many pictures they are deployed on taxi-out, so I'm not sure it is a Russian pilot thing.

EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC (2xSLI & Watercooled), Asus ROG PG348Q, TM HOTAS Warthog

Offline ST rider

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2009, 02:23:44 PM »
I finally could watch one of these birds in action and found out my setting is rubbish! it works fine as long as the plane
is sleeping on the ramp but once it becomes alive it jumps off the ground a few feet and stays there floating ..  ???

fortunately Mariano worked out some new cfg entries which he posted separately and work really fine, great.

thank you M. this must be the touch of the pro!  :)

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2009, 05:40:46 PM »

Yeah, it was talked about with regards to the AN-225 and IL-86. But in many pictures they are deployed on taxi-out, so I'm not sure it is a Russian pilot thing.

I heard from my old man that at least in previous days pilots only set the flaps once they were clear of the ramp areas and on the taxiways to the holding point, the reason being that you keep no part of the aircraft closer to the ground than it needs to be until you are certain you're clear of obstructions (which is more of a problem on the ramp than on a taxiway). I don't know whether that's "old wisdom" that is outdated now. I can see with older designs like the 707 and VC-10 that the flaps were quite large and even a small deflection might make all the difference between the wing hitting an obstruction and narrowly clearing it. These days many larger planes have a lot of ground clearance even with the flaps deployed.

Like I say, apparently it used to be a consideration, but I don't know if it is these days. High wing designs like the Antonovs would be pretty immune to such problems, I'd guess.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Offline M-Sauce

• Command Captain
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2009, 07:41:27 PM »

I heard from my old man that at least in previous days pilots only set the flaps once they were clear of the ramp areas and on the taxiways to the holding point, the reason being that you keep no part of the aircraft closer to the ground than it needs to be until you are certain you're clear of obstructions (which is more of a problem on the ramp than on a taxiway). I don't know whether that's "old wisdom" that is outdated now. I can see with older designs like the 707 and VC-10 that the flaps were quite large and even a small deflection might make all the difference between the wing hitting an obstruction and narrowly clearing it. These days many larger planes have a lot of ground clearance even with the flaps deployed.

Like I say, apparently it used to be a consideration, but I don't know if it is these days. High wing designs like the Antonovs would be pretty immune to such problems, I'd guess.

Some carriers deploy the flaps on the After start checklist while still talking to the pushback crew while some do it on the taxi / before TO checklist. I guess it just depends on the carrier, but I can tell you most have them out pretty soon after starting the taxi. As I've said before, the only time that you'll see carriers leave them up during taxi is if the surfaces are contaminated and there is concern that slush or ice could damage them. In these conditions you will also see aircraft leave them down after landing to have the ground engineer inspect them before retracting them at the gate. Pretty common procedure up in PANC.  ;)

As a pilot I can tell you that an airliner taxiing out with no flaps really calls out attention from other pilots and even the keener ATCs. I've often heard (and even done myself a couple of times) comments to ATC that "X airplane's flaps are not out" just as a heads up. I've never seen one forget them, depending on the type, it would not be pretty if they did. But rather these instances where usually repositions with engines running (I remember at LGA it was hard to tell due to the traffic which aircraft was in line for what).

Offline FrancoisM

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
I tried both :)
However I didn't watch the taking off ..

F.

Works on my system 

glad to hear this Francois, did you try both settings or just went straight with the one I posted above?

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2009, 01:58:45 AM »
Finally got around to installing the aircraft and schedules.  I still have two left in my Samdim flyable folder, one for Yamal and Alliance Avia that are being used in the RATS Yamal Su08 plans that I have.  Are there repaints for the new model?

edit

Never mind, i realized the Yamal texture came with the model release.  Another example of lack of sleep and not looking too closely
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 02:27:24 AM by csturdiv »
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

Offline Andrew88

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System
    • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2009, 06:14:03 AM »
Yamal and Alliance Avia that are being used in the RATS Yamal Su08 plans that I have.
:o There is no An-74 in RATS Yamal package. Because this plane was withdrawn from usage some years ago and stored at Bykovo (UUBB)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 06:17:41 AM by Andrew88 »
Andrew Afanasyev.

Offline csturdiv

• Aviation nerd and half-assed aviation photographer
  • AIG Dispatch
  • Command Captain
  • Part time Aussie flightplanner
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2009, 01:18:25 PM »
Yamal and Alliance Avia that are being used in the RATS Yamal Su08 plans that I have.
:o There is no An-74 in RATS Yamal package. Because this plane was withdrawn from usage some years ago and stored at Bykovo (UUBB)

I must have added them in myself then.  :-[  Are there plans for the other An-72s that were released but were not included with the flightplans?  I looked on avsim.ru but couldn't find any.
There's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you'll enjoy the rest of your flight. By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?