Author Topic: EGLL after T5?  (Read 4311 times)

Offline Makadocias

• Command Captain
  • Live every day like it's your last!
Re: EGLL after T5?
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2008, 06:07:59 AM »
Well, it might be a bit late but here I am in downtown Hong Kong.
All went well! I flew BA on the 31st of march to the dredded T5 on time and all.
Went to T4 smoothly, T5 looks beautifull I must admit! ( a lot better than the rest of LHR...  ::)
Than I went on my QF flight to HKK and that was absolutely marvelous, I flew QF like 11 years before and I really enjoyed their service, excellent I must say (and I have flown quiete a lot of airlines in my life.. :D)
So finally after more or less 12 hours we landed in HKK and went through customs (not expecting my bag) there was my bag! Just waiting for me, it got there 1st! :)
So very glad that all went well and to show that not everything goes wrong with BA and T5! ;)

Also really like the Hong Kong airport (and the city!) Impressive!

Well my fellow Flightsim lovers, I'm off for some more great time in Hong Kong!

See ya! 8)

Upcoming flights: 09-03 AMS - GOA KL1563 # 11-03 GOA - AMS KL1564
Check out my video's at http://www.youtube.com/user/Makadocias/videos

Offline Burrito

• Senior Captain
  • "Senior" Captain?! I feel old.
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2008, 04:11:41 PM »
Hey all, sorry to bring up a relatively dead thread.

Was wondering if the new AFCAD is out for post-T5 Heathrow according to Aerosoft 2008 LHR scenery?  I'm looking over stuff with new airlines arriving in Heathrow like US or DL, wondering how much of a royal turd the flightplanning arrangement is gonna be...Yet that's another concern for anotehr day - first up, Parking!..I suppose shifting out of the 'current' 06-07 flightplans that many of my airlines run would be a good idea as well =\

;) Thanks!
-Burrito
Jay
World of AI beta tester on vacation

Offline Tom C.

• Command Captain
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2008, 05:58:39 PM »
Nope, not out yet Jay.
I'm not far off being done as far as a beta release  :D , but the damn thing is causing me so many headaches as regards to T1 parking for the heavies in the Star Alliance, UAL, SAA, BMI, SIA and anyone else that bring in a heavy end up all over the airport exvept where they should be.
If that aint bad enough, when they do park as should be, the wings overlap to a saddening degree.
I think at this stage T1 has been wiped clean and finished about 5 times  ::)

If I can get it anything near working, I'll get a copy up here to see how it goes for others before a release on Avsim.

Note, this AFCAD is for how things could probably look in 2009/10 as long as Heathrow East hasn't been started let alone finished, so if you like the place as it is now, you wont need this file other than a few additions for DAL, COA and NWA.
Tom C.

Veni,           Vidi,        Velcro  
I came,      I saw,    I stuck around...

Once upon a time AFCAD developer!

Offline FatboyUK

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Im a B.A.d boy...
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:04 PM »
regards to T1 parking for the heavies in the Star Alliance, UAL, SAA, BMI, SIA and anyone else that bring in a heavy end up all over the airport exvept where they should be.

Thats why I soon knocked the project on the head!  ;D  It may ease parking when United pull there LHR-JFK flights in any forthcoming flightplan releases (Hopefully - hint hint ;)) but thinking about it, I suppose these will soon be taken up by the recent Star entrant Turkish Airlines's A330, and I thought, dispite being with Star, SIA were staying at T3 due to their codeshares / connections with Virgin, and the A380 capable stands?

You may have already, but to further ease parking, I have also used Dock 701, 702 and 703 near the road crossing and BMI hangar to park SAA, BMI and even Cathay, as whenever im around Heathrow, something is always parked there.

Good luck - must be a real headache, but look forward to seeing your results though.  :)
Would you like milk and sugar for that?

Offline Tom C.

• Command Captain
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2008, 07:14:30 PM »
It may ease parking when United pull there LHR-JFK flights in any forthcoming flightplan releases (Hopefully - hint hint ;))
Here's hoping for COA, DAL and NWA to bring some heavies in to fill up T4 aswell  ;).

I thought, dispite being with Star, SIA were staying at T3 due to their codeshares / connections with Virgin, and the A380 capable stands?
I was thinking about that all day at work and I'm going to get them out of T1 tonight and bring them back to T3 as per my info.
Should free up some spaces at T1.

You may have already, but to further ease parking, I have also used Dock 701, 702 and 703 near the road crossing and BMI hangar to park SAA, BMI and even Cathay, as whenever im around Heathrow, something is always parked there.
Didn't think of that, although I brought the T2 gates closest to T1 into the T1 parking codes for the moment to see if they would help.
Tested it last night and nope, no difference.

T2 is extremely bare though at most times of the day for me, but I might not have the all airlines listed as being there in the future installed.

Good luck - must be a real headache, but look forward to seeing your results though.  :)
Thanks for the encouragement, and yes, its a royal pain in the ass  :D
Tom C.

Veni,           Vidi,        Velcro  
I came,      I saw,    I stuck around...

Once upon a time AFCAD developer!