Author Topic: 2012, What does everyone beleive?  (Read 1588 times)

Porter Guy

2012, What does everyone beleive?
« on: September 02, 2009, 12:51:58 AM »
Was watching a show on DC about Nostradamus and the end of the world the other night and wanted to know what everyone thinks. My opinion is that during the solar alignment the earths axis will change(like it did 26000 years ago) and that the world will go through a dramatic geographical change.

Can't wait to read other theories.

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
Re: 2012, What does everyone beleive?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 01:12:59 AM »
1 The Mayan calendar ends on December 21 2012. Just in case no one knows. Their calendar was the most accurate ever produced.
2 The planet is over due for a magnetic polar shift. i.e magnetically north becomes south. already parts of the planet are having problems. It will be interesting what will happen to electricity and navigation systems.
3 Yellowstone, with a massive caldera under it pops every 200,000 years or so. It last popped about 200,000 years ago I think. The last time it covered the USA in about .5 metre of ash. Given that it will wipe out the bread basket of the world, a volcanic iceage will possibly be the least of our worries. It is currently growing in height about 3" per year, and it's rising at an accelerating rate.
4. Nostradamus has been wrong more than right.
5. http://www.2012predictions.net/
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 01:17:45 AM by Mosha »
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline BadPvtDan

• Prop 1st Officer
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 01:29:39 AM »
I think the ACES team will come back to life and make me my own personal flight simulator.

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 01:45:21 AM »
Bullshit :) same as they said the world was going to end 1999/2000.

What did that turn out to be? Bullshit.
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline Juan Botero

• Turbine 1st Officer
  • Avianca
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2009, 01:48:54 AM »
1 The Mayan calendar ends on December 21 2012.

Damn! I already bought my christmas presents for that year.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Offline flyingcarpet75

• Command Captain
    • The Flying Carpet Hub
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 01:53:55 AM »
What? You mean the end of the world hasn't already happened? Hadn't noticed, was too busy repainting  ;D

Philippe
Visit my website http://www.flyingcarpet75.com for more repaints!

Offline FMCS

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 02:36:07 AM »
Many have predicted that something catastrophic would happen early in the 2000's...Native Indian Shaman's throughout the Americas have predicted such predicaments for the times starting 2007-2009 and peaking 2012...Red Elk comes to mind ( A native Indian Shaman which if none of you have heard him speak should at least give it a try!) Here is a link to some of his radio interviews http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De26QuAT6nY&feature=related. There are 10 parts to the interview.  I can't find an earlier interview which was far better but there's some interesting stuff here as well!

In the end though, do we need anyone to tell us that this has to end at some point? Regardless if it's from us (Global warming, etc..) or when we run out of trees and food or when our sun dies out...It's gonna happen! Enjoy life as much as you can...that's what I say...

::cheers::

Frank

Offline Burrito

• Senior Captain
  • "Senior" Captain?! I feel old.
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 04:13:50 AM »
I graduate from college.. if that makes any of you feel any better.

Jay

Offline BruceN

• Command Captain
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 04:47:13 AM »
In 2012, Microsoft finally figures out Steve Ballmer is the problem and it wasn't all of the groups he canned in 2009. The economic crisis ends when Ballmer is run out of town and the world returns to normal.

End of economic crisis, Iran gives up nuclear ambitions, North Korea names Ballmer as new chairman, and FSX finally runs as expected on the average PC.

Secretly, no one knows that Steve Ballmer also fired the Mayans that were making the calendar before they could finish the year 2012.

Looks like 2012 is going to be a very good year!

Offline Лазербик

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Russian AI Traffic System Team
    • Russian AI Traffic System
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2009, 07:12:10 AM »
I believe 12 December 2012 will come, and then will be a change.. into 13 December 2012. And so on. :D
Enzo Soliani  |  Энцо Солиани  |  ソリアーニ・エンゾ

Russian AI Traffic System : Helping to bring Russia back to life!

Offline ras78

• Prop Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2009, 07:15:50 AM »
Nothing will happen in 2012 or at least nothing bad. I dunno why people are always catastrophic...if a revolution will come why think something bad? a "great change" might be something beautiful no? a cancer vaccine, a remedy for alzhaimer something like that.
Anyway consider that the date of 2012 is the result mixing Maya calendar with our one. If you try with muslim calendar will result in another date.
What I expect for 2012? an optic fiber connection for my pc and a new simulator :D and health for all
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:20:16 AM by ras78 »

Offline Swag

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2009, 07:21:05 AM »
By 2012 a lot of people will have become very rich by preaching the end of the world to gullible fools.

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 07:38:54 AM »
1 The Mayan calendar ends on December 21 2012. Just in case no one knows. Their calendar was the most accurate ever produced.
2 The planet is over due for a magnetic polar shift. i.e magnetically north becomes south. already parts of the planet are having problems. It will be interesting what will happen to electricity and navigation systems.
3 Yellowstone, with a massive caldera under it pops every 200,000 years or so. It last popped about 200,000 years ago I think. The last time it covered the USA in about .5 metre of ash. Given that it will wipe out the bread basket of the world, a volcanic iceage will possibly be the least of our worries. It is currently growing in height about 3" per year, and it's rising at an accelerating rate.
4. Nostradamus has been wrong more than right.
5. http://www.2012predictions.net/

1 Since the Mayans didn't use any of the Roman calendars, that's okay!
2 Electricity will work the way it always has - it is already influenced by outside electromagnetic events (eg solar flares and CMEs) without too many problems, and GPS will navigate planes according to whatever system of spatial orientation we want to create, just those pesky little whiskey compasses will be a pain. I predict a rise in the number of airspace incursions by GA planes.
3 Forget Yellowstone - in parts of the US, we're creating our own industrial fallout. Also, when Mt St Helen's popped, even the Europeans got nice sunsets but the world carried on regardless.
4 Nostradamus hasn't really been wrong or right, he was just plain ambiguous! People just love to shoehorn whatever meaning they want, onto some framework that Nostradamus neatly created.
5 As for predictions. In 2012 I'll graduate and England will host the Olympic Games. They will both be a shambles.

Our biggest problems are climate and globalization. Climate will first cause problems in parts of the world that most of us don't think about from day-to-day, and the knock-on effects of that will be felt worldwide because we are now so interlinked and in surprising ways, interdependent. The fallout from that will be a test of character and morals for the entire human race, and the biggest threat to the species is if we fail that test.

And now I'm all serious! Gee thanks! This had been shaping up to be a fun day. :)
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Offline ras78

• Prop Captain
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2009, 07:47:06 AM »
I forgot something very important: in 2012 will be released the MD-11 model for AI  :yeah:

Offline EDDK

• Command Captain
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2009, 10:28:06 AM »
if the world goes under 2012 Porter Airlines will cease operations I think  ::evilgrin::

;)
Regards, Philippe