Author Topic: 2012, What does everyone beleive?  (Read 1586 times)

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
Re: 2012, What does everyone believe?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 10:42:09 AM »
if the world goes under 2012 Porter Airlines will cease operations I think  ::evilgrin::

Noooooo!  :reaction:

They'll adapt and survive, equipping their Dash-8s with floats and tundra tires, depending on whether they're landing on water raised from when Greenland's ice slips into the sea, or the outflow from Yellowstone .. all the other dinosaurs will die out.

Oh, and Greenlandair will take the skis off of their fleet.

Yeah, maybe the biggest threat is to ski-planes.  ::evilgrin::
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Dreamliner

Re: 2012, What does everyone beleive?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 12:02:59 PM »
Was watching a show on DC about Nostradamus and the end of the world the other night and wanted to know what everyone thinks. My opinion is that during the solar alignment the earths axis will change(like it did 26000 years ago) and that the world will go through a dramatic geographical change.

Can't wait to read other theories.

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline Firebird

• Turbine 2nd Officer
  • Quid si coelum ruat
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 12:06:03 PM »
Well I heard a rumour that the source code for FS9 is due to be released as open source on 31 Dec 2012, so it kinda figures.

It fits in nicely with my motto:- "Life's sh*t, then you die!"

P.S. As long as Metallica will still tour afterwards all will be well.
 ::party::
Steve

Quid Si Coelum Ruat

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
The UK will host the Olympics in the most expensive building site ever. Usane Bolt will set a new world record for the 100m, Kenenisa Bekele will win every race he enters and I will be too broke to afford a ticket, to this, the most diobolical shambles of an event in the history of the Olympics.

You don't have to be Nostradamus to predict the future!

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 12:10:19 PM »
Trust me. When Yellowstone erupts, it will make Mt St. Helens look like a birthday cake candle.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline Jan Martin

• Turbine Captain
  • FS Addon Designer
    • Jan's Websites
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 12:58:53 PM »
2012, we all will be punished for our sins - and there are trillions of, just think about the environment - and we'll all fly to hell, alternatively Airbus or Boeing ..

Offline Hornets Nest

• Command Captain
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 01:26:44 PM »
When Yellowstone erupts, it will make Mt St. Helens look like a birthday cake candle

Plus flights will be really, really cheap - take my advice and wait..  ;)
Best regards

Matthew

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 02:05:15 PM »
The whole lot's b*llocks. Yes, there will be a magnetic shift at some point (not necessarily 2012) and some things won't work any more, but come on, it won't be major. It'll be things like compasses, but the GPS satellites will still work so life will go on much as normal. And if Yellowstone goes pop, then it goes pop, but there's only 300 million people in the USA, out of 6+ billion on the planet. Life will go on. And the Olympics will either be completely cr*p or excellent!

Offline Mosha

• AIG Honored Members
  • Command Captain
  • AIG Dispatch La-Un, Ranong, Thailand.
    • Alpha India Group
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 02:20:46 PM »
The last time a Super Volcano had a massive eruption was about 70,000 years ago. It almost wiped out the human race. The caldera under Yellow stone is reported to be 2,500 times bigger than under St Helens. It measures 34 mi by 44 mi by about 18 mi. Having said that, the biggest threat is over population. In 20 years time it's forecast to be 8 Bn. We can't/don't feed the planet now.
Regards, Steve

"Never argue with an idiot. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2009, 03:46:05 PM »
The whole lot's b*llocks. Yes, there will be a magnetic shift at some point (not necessarily 2012) and some things won't work any more, but come on, it won't be major. It'll be things like compasses, but the GPS satellites will still work so life will go on much as normal. And if Yellowstone goes pop, then it goes pop, but there's only 300 million people in the USA, out of 6+ billion on the planet. Life will go on. And the Olympics will either be completely cr*p or excellent!

Come on Felix, you and I both live in the same sh*thole of a country, you know we're gonna put on a poor show (and I don't just mean the athletics team).

Rob

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2009, 06:36:55 PM »
.. And if Yellowstone goes pop, then it goes pop, but there's only 300 million people in the USA, out of 6+ billion on the planet.

Come on Felix, you and I both live in the same sh*thole of a country, you know we're gonna put on a poor show (and I don't just mean the athletics team).

Aww, Rob - I just moved here! Well, only for 3 years. Until 2012, in fact.

On the Yellowstone "pop" idea. If the last major "pop" was 70k years ago, it helps to bear in mind that the last Neanderthals were still here around 30k years ago*. I guess the human race 70k years ago could have been wiped out by a bad flu epidemic.

And the best event of the 2012 Olympics will be remembered as the 1000 meters "blame relay", where the credit for everything falling apart will be passed on and on until some scapegoat runs out of people to blame.

*Except outside bars worldwide at closing times, when there are still some neanderthals to be seen.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Offline vc-10

• Command Captain
  • Fly Embraer Jets!
« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2009, 08:46:37 PM »
Yeah, but I've already used the 100% complete facility that they're using for the most important part of the Olympics. I'm not fussed about Usain Bolt, I'm more of a rowing kind of guy  ;D

Offline Andy

• Super K!
  • AIG Ops
  • Command Captain
  • Bear with a Sore Head
    • Flickr Photos by ME. :)
« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 12:47:16 AM »
I never could get into rowing. Last time I was in a boat I nearly got killed by the currents (off the isle of wight). That was the weekend that boat dissapeared, I remember us on the beach with a few drinks laughing at the name of a boat going past, then cheering to the guys on the deck, and them cheering back. By the time we got back home to London that name was all over the papers. Spooky stuff.

Back to rowing as a sport.. I just think I'm too common to appreciate / understand it. But at least it's not as bad as Darts. WTF is that about. How do you sweat standing in one spot? Jesus  :rules:
Live life for the accomplishments, not for the compliments.

My photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/Sud-Est/

Offline Maestro69

• Turbine 1st Officer
« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2009, 08:02:14 AM »
Gotta love the doomday theories.. they will use any words, letters or dates from any culture or race in the world to justify the end of the world.. sigh, heard it all before..  :heehee:

look, for me in 2012, ill still be working (hopefully in a bigger office, and earning plenty of money), be married, living in my own house and planning to do all the things i even wanted. At the end of the day, i could drop dead tomorrow and it is all over. So some will be sucked in by idiots and these so called "preachers" but ill be doing my own thing and living everyday the best i can until the day i do and hopefully my kids/grandkids can do the same!!!

Tata for now!!  8)