Author Topic: 2012, What does everyone beleive?  (Read 1587 times)

Offline DanielDafoe

• Turbine Captain
Re: 2012, What does everyone beleive?
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2009, 09:12:58 AM »
.. that boat dissapeared .. By the time we got back home to London that name was all over the papers. Spooky stuff.

Yeah, life happens, and we worry about the end of the world? Our world ends when we do.

I remember my dad telling me something about a young girl, maybe less than 10 years old, who decades ago wrote a letter to the Soviet premier about why nuclear war was a bad thing, and the media were all over it and I think she was even flown to Moscow to see whoever it was. In the media circus afterwards she ended up doing a lot of travelling, and she died in a plane crash - which she wouldn't have done if she'd only not fussed about the world so much!

How do you sweat standing in one spot?

Eat too much, drink too much (I've heard its possible ..). Probably play darts too much as well.
"Terrorism is the war of the poor, war is the terrorism of the rich" - Sir Peter Ustinov.

Offline rob hirst

• Turbine Captain
Re: 2012, What does everyone beleive?
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »
Where have you moved to then Daniel?

As for the Olympics, I watch the sprinting just because I am amazed by the shere speed of the guys and girls. However I'm more into the distance stuff, 10k and marathons etc. This holds more relevence for me as I compete at these distances myself, obviously at a greatly reduced level  :)
I enjoy watching the rowing, perhaps because it's one of the few Olympic events, along with rowing, where team GB has been strong for the last few games.

Rob